Classic 4.0 speculations???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by YoungPrime, Oct 27, 2010.

1. RayH

RayH Well-Known Member

i also think generations will be the last round of chug. I don't think we'll see a fourth. It just seems like the team are aware this will probably be the last round so they are getting out like everyone they can right now. Like before they'd pad out the lines and save characters, but with this round they just seem to be doing everyone. Plus just the timing as well, 3 rounds seems like a natural number. I think in the future hasbro will be concentraiting on other the new show and there could be more toons or games on the way who knows.

I don't think we will never ever see any chug like figures again, there may be an occasional exclusive here and there, or toss in with another line. Like they do with 25th classic joes.

I'd love to be proven wrong because i love the line and it's pretty much the only TF line I'm interested in.

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I don't think anyone is or will be calling generations by the name Classics 3.0. so to do a want list to Classics 4.0 makes no sense.

However I'll simply list a few 2011 & 2012 updated homage figures I'd love to see.

FIRST OFF: The line seriously needs to start doing bigger sized TF toys again. in the voyager,ultra & leader size classes.

here's what I want to see:

Leaders size assortment:
    Trypticon,tripple changer,T-REX,ROBOT & Battle station/city mode.

Metroplex,a water based aircraft carrier alt mode,robot mode & city/battle station mode.

Sixshot,get rid of a vechicle mode & have 2 beast modes. a six changer ofcause.

Overlord,2 voyagers toys that merge to form a leader sized robot mode. tank would transform into a lion. black stealth jet would transform into a dragon. both would merge to form a super beast mode & merge to form a super robot mode.

Ultra size toys:
    Doubledealer,more flexiabilty in the beast & bot modes. must still be a robot,falcon & missle launcher mode. I suspose the powermasters would be nice to have. but can live without their being powermasters.

Shockwave looks just like the 1985 toy/cartoon. laser space gun that transforms into a robot. can get released in purple cartoon colors. then grey shackwave colrs.

Skylynx,exactly like the 1986 toy. only with more poseability in the beast modes.

Cyclonus,I just want a huge toy of this characters as he was a 2nd in command character & huge in the cartoon/comic/toy line.

Voyagers:
    Starsabre
    victory
    deathsauras
    skygarry
    diatulas
    roadfire
    sonicbomber
    1986 Razorclaw
    Quickswitch
    1996 Rhinox.
    Armada Megatron
    1987 Apeface
    1987 Snapdragon

Deluxes:
    4 1986 Predacons that combine with the voyager razorclaw to form predaking

Motormaster

hotspot

Hungarr

scattershot

1986 arcee

blitzwing

springer

chromedome

G-1 Flywheels

G-1 Flatrap

basics:

4 technobots that combine with scattershot to form computron.

4 stunticons that combine with motormaster to form menasor

4 protectobots that combine with hotspot to form defensor

4 terrorcons that combine with hungarr to form abonimus

3 1985 styled insecticons

6 1985 styled G-1 constructicons that merge to form devestator.

legends:
    the rest of the trottlebots.
    sparkbots & sparkcons

3. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

The TF3 movie will be the last. then a reboot will take 4 years.

TF Prime isn't going to be the singular toy line until the rebooted live action movie/toy line appears around 2015 or later. usually there's 2-3 different TF toy lines running per year in america.

I think it's the perfect time to expand classics/generations with new molds in 2011,2012,2013,2014 & beyond. as they'll be no live action TF movies to get in the way,cancel lines out & not take up all the money,resources & time.

If I had my way,they'd be no "TF Prime cartoon/toy line. They be classics/generations cartoon/full blown toy line instead.

I think at some point "TF Prime" will run its 2 year course,hope sooner. then a classics/generations styled cartoon/toy line will replace it.

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would be surprised if Shockwave didn't get a classics figure in the next couple of years.

5. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I would really love to see a new Blitzwing and the other 4 dinobots released. We got Astrotrain and Grimlock ages ago but there was not follow up.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    please no, leave that mold for x brawn, it's nowhere close to a trailbreaker homage, new mold for trailbreaker, i would even rather have an animated ratchet repaint, at least it's a closer fit.

why? we got them already

7. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

Supreme class wheelie with a possibility for a fansproject add on kit.

8. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I'm surprised Leozack isn't in PCC.

And I also wish they'd retool tidal wave in broadside,

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    An all new Armada Prime, voyager or Ultra sized(doesn't have to combine...but if it does...so long as it's not hollow and so long as it's fully articulated, I'd be all for it).

Blitzwing but voyager and no smaller plz kthxbye.

Original ultra triple changer Galvatron from Classics 2008.

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:

Great list. But most, if not all of those won't ever be made... And if they do make them they'll make them is smaller scales. Which sucks.

Also, I believe they'll continue to make classics until they stop selling.

11. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I would like to see Armada Starscream remade with more articulation and engineering up to par with the recent Generations figures. And G1 Blitzwing, Soundwave, and Shockwave and WfC Screamer and Trypticon, which I always mention in these sorts of threads.

12. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We haven't had a true Classics Soundwave or Shockwave which is surprising given their popularity. We need a proper earth-mode Soundwave and a new Shockwave.

Blitzwing needs in to complete the Decepticon Triple Changers too. Not to mention Arcee and Springer to complete the movie Autobots.

13. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh God, not THIS thread again. We've only just started Generations, now you want to plan for the line after TF3? Give it a rest already.

14. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I've said it many times before, and I'll say it many times more: I WANT MY FUCKING SCROUNGE TOY. Also, new BW figures that are more show-accurate while still being poseable in both modes. Ooh, and the rest of the triple-changers, Sandstorm mainly.

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Shockwave and Soundwave, plus lots more Beast wars figures with a bit of G2 thrown in.

With G2 Prime coming out I'd be amazed if we don't end up seeing a G2 Megatron at some point.

16. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I would like to see some other lines get some classics love too,like bw depth charge,rhinox,
    armada s.scream like someone else said,and etc. To me classics shouldn't just be about g1 but all of them.

BTW yesterday I bought battle blades prime at wally world for $16,and he is now gonna join my classics collection with the first prime,since he looks so much like a classic.

17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to see "Classics/Generation/Henkei/United" continue and I would love to see Hasbro completing the 1984 TFs at least. For example, Trailbreaker. I know they can do it if they want. It is so cool to see the "new" Jazz. It would be great if we get the remaining Dinobots too.

IMO the line-up should focus on G1 and at the most some G2 characters. Leave BW or BM and the later TF series out of it.

18. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    * More Triple Changers BUT in Voyager form - Astrotrain & Tankor highlighted that Deluxe is too limited for such toys.

* Deluxe Trailbreaker with Hoist retool

* Shockwave!

* Arcee, car mode plzkthx

* Nothing above Voyager - I can STILL find Universe Ultras shelfwarming in TRU and such things do not bode well for the long-term survival of homage lines.

19. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I predict that "ALL" Universe 4.0 figures will be Basic-sized.

20. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

I think we were able to get the classic stuff partially because the movies made cars and other earth modes popular again, instead of cybertronian or futuristic or spacey modes being popular.

The same incentive to do BW isnt there at the moment to do a wide variety. Im not sure they'll do another round of classics. I was pretty suprised but thankful theyre giving a 3rd round.

Though if they did, Id buy. I really only, at this point, have a desire for hasbro to do a Blitzwing. Devastator is a pipe dream bu theres a 3rd party working on a gestalt right???

I have a question, are there any here that would stop collecting once classics-styled toys stop being made??? As its the "dream team" line up for me, I will be doing so... Happily and satisfied.