Classes really do need to be rebalanced

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Angelwave, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Titan class way too over powered. They literally have no offset to their insane damage output.

Map: Launch.
    Me: a Scientist

A Titan spawns at one of the end zone of where point C is located. I see him and start firing. He managed to drive straight up all the way towards me, while me and my sentry were pouring ammunition into him, while staying complete clear of his LOS and counter. He reaches me, transforms, two shot, I'm dead.

WTF?

Either their health and shields, their movement speed or their weapons need to be toned down a bit.

And cloak also needs to have a penalty, like decreased damage reduction.

2. ShadowXD

ShadowXD Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remember to be constantly barrel rolling as a scientist
    Yeah agree with the health and shield system, one of them needs to be stronger

3. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought they had that on the list of pending improvements (making the shield stronger)

4. Angelwave

News Credits:
    That's the things I wasn't even in flight. I was on the ground and shooting from behind a wall with my sentry drone along the other side of the point. This scenario just showed me how ridiculous the class is.

I understand that they are the "Tank" Class but they needs to have some sort of counter balance to having that much Health and Shields.

5. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hear the Photon Burst Rifle works really well for the Scientist. You unlock it yet? I haven't tried the class yet cause I'm waiting for the Dinobot DLC to use Swoop.

6. Angelwave

News Credits:
    I really hope so. They either need to make the other classes a bit tougher, or reduce the Damage output of the Titan class. Because at this point its just an instant "I win" class. There would be no point in playing any of the others.

7. Angelwave

News Credits:
    I just did, as a matter of fact. I loved that rifle on the Scientist in WFC, so I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

And yes.....I can't wait for Swoop either. :D 

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice!

9. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Titans are not overpowered, their mobility is crap, and they have absolutely no range. Scientists are very flimsy, but they have a bunch of great ranged weapons and flight, obviously.

You might just suck.

10. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He probably hit you with a harvester and thus he didn't die. I can guarantee you that if you put that much fire into him he should of been nearly dead by the time he got to you. I've gone on 10+ kill streaks with a Titan and the Harvester gun. One solid hit with it and you've practically replenished a titans health, another and his Shields will be back on right away.

11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Yeah, my brother plays as Swoop and he does fine. Just take your ability to run away fast and your flight advantage properly, it is very hard to stop a good Scientist player. Use Medic rather then Sentry, helps out everyone as a whole, good way to get EXP and people like you for it too (small bonus, but still).
    I play as a Titan and we certainly aren't broken. If you get too close to us without some advantage, you'll die, but Titan's suck at hitting long distance and if we're in a pickle, we usualy immediately die. We're far too slow/immobile to run away in time.

The only thing I think is that Destroyers seem to be the worst class, but I'd say Titans, Scientists and Scouts are all pretty even. All have disadvantages and advantages.

12. Angelwave

News Credits:
    Heh...no. As I stated in my post. I was pouring rounds into him without him hitting me and being behind cover. I've can hold my own against a team of infiltrators and destroyers, with absolutely no problem. And Titans weapons have emmense AOE, along with damage.

He was no where near me to use a harvester. And on top of it he was in vehicle mode when he approached me.

Again I don't mind them having a high amount of health and shields, but they can't have it all. There have even had people taking videos and presenting them to High Moon of them using the Titan class and showing how much of a balance issue they have.

13. Silverbolt-X

Silverbolt-X Well-Known Member

Thing is with the Destroyer you need to be in close quarters due to his explosive weapons. Your not going to win a gun fight from medium long rang. Get up, close and personal and fire the the riot cannon with the faster fire rate at their feet then get some space and fire the rocket with the faster reload while jumping to avoid fire.

14. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Shields in tank-mode are pathetic and the reload time to fire is a huge threshold to attack. Dodge the first bullet and they're dead meat, way to slow to move away in time to escape a scientist too.

15. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't see it. Titans are balanced just fine with the Scientist. In fact, I'd say the Scientist is more powerful, because he can strafe and shoot with accuracy from long range, while the Titan is lumbering and can only jerk his weapon from side to side so fast.

Are you angry because the Scientist isn't overpowered enough? Because that's what it sounds like.

16. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Whilrwind to be nerfed, a little. Every time I get into a fight with a Titan, the first thing they do is whirlwind like an idiot, and you can't escape it.

17. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe don't get so close?

18. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Whirlwind is what Titan's have going for them. Taking that away will make them significantly less balanced. Just keep away and punish them if they try Whirlwind when its not the best time.

19. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I have a lot of bad luck when it comes to Titans lol. I always walk around a corner to find a Titan towering over me, pulls the trigger on the WHirlwind and kills me in 2 seconds.

20. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, Whirlwind's been the reason you don't engage a Soldier at close range since WFC. It's crazy powerful and crazy hard to control, just like it should be.