Clan Wolf eats cybertronians for breakfast.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ironlock, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Ironlock

Ironlock Me KING! Want mess?

Hey, I was just thinking about all the old Battletech stuff, you now with that new full reboot of MW coming out, and I was thinking, who would win: transformers or Battletech Mechwarriors. I say the Mechwarriors would blow the living crap out of them.

P.S.

For those who agree join the Solaris VII social caste!:D 

2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Cool story bro?

3. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

pwnd?

4. Ironlock

as in what?
    you like it our what?

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

He's just pullin' your chain.

If were talking about firepower, Mechs will scrape the floor with transformers. But tfs are more agile, and can dodge faster. So it's a given.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Depends on which generation of Transformers. Movieverse would probably get beat up pretty badly, but say, Alternity, would put them all in a state of accelerated time until their mechs run out of fuel, seize up, and rust into nothing, all in the space of a few seconds for the observer.

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so your coming to a TF board and asking who would win in a fight between tf's and mech Warriors?

Transformers all the way! lol

8. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What the french toast?

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If whatever fiction sin't written by fans, and genuine thought is put into it, like guerilla tactics, space combat, (you know there'd be some) circumstance and setting, then I could see this fight going to the TFs. They're smarter, faster, sneakier, and there's more of them.

G1, as in modern G1, would probably have several battles won/lost before a conclusion. I don't give two shits about the Anime Tfs. Animated is not really compatible, so I'm having a hard time imagining a fight between a Mech and a TF:A robot. If the movie TFs all combined forces, then I could see them winning.

But in the long run: Mech Warroirs suck. TFs will kick their asses across the Universe. Considering you first post, title of the thread, signature and whatnot, it seems you think just the opposite, and have started this thread just to spite all of the boards, who may I remind, are Transformers based.

10. Ironlock

whoa whoa whoa, dont forget Mechs DONT run on fuel. They have an infinit amount of power coming from their nuclear generator. Their entire array of energy weaponry is impossible to dodge. most of the Mechs have heavier armor, AND its not freaking ANIME! Their missles have the ability to turn a full 180 degrees, so if it misses a target it can boomerang back. They can jump jet higher and farther than any movieverse non-flyer. Im not trying to diss TF, im just being realistic.
    Transformers like... lets say, jazz, light armor, real small, wouldn't last a chance. Grindor would get eaten up by laser fire, Gauss rifles, and clan LRMs due to his inability to maneuver very well. You may say he's heavily armored, but he's only 16 tons, lighter than any mech in the light weight class. Brawl has a chance against lights, mediums, maybe even one or two heavys, but not an assault mech. (brawl= 65 tons, Assault Mech= 80+ tons). Mechs can duck and dodge quite a bit. (remember where talking classic battletech).

11. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    W
    T
    F

is a clan wolf, and WTH are you trying to pull this crap in a TF message board?

gundam, naruto, powerangers, marvel, DC... enjoy it but leave the 'versus TF' thing out of here. Please. It's disgusting.

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now that we have Movie Optimus Prime! Transformers are unstoppable!!!

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Any one Alternity avatar could end the battletech universe.

So could any Vector Prime for that matter. I'm wondering if the OP is only familiar with the movieverse?

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I don't know about that newfangled mary-sue-powered late-model eggs-on-legs Battletech... but ORIGINAL Battle Mechs would have their asses handed to them by Transformers on a robot-on-robot basis. And frankly, that's the only Battletech that matters to me. That game stopped being cool when Mechs stopped overheating... er, no pun intended.

I don't usually like to overpower TFs... I honestly think that Earth tech has a fighting chance against them. But strictly in terms of tech level, maneuverability, versatility, and probably durability too... TFs outclass Battletech mechs.

Mechs are basically walking artillery batteries. They can't actually do that much besides walk, run, shoot, and occasionally jump and fly. Badly. Their weapons are powerful, but lack the sheer spectrum of versatile super-science seen in TF weaponry.

That is, in essence, why this is an unfair fight. Battletech makes at least some concessions to realism, while TFs exist in a world of science-fantasy. That is why Battletech would be outclassed by 99% of anime-style super robots... the grounding in realism.

And that's why Battletech is cool... not because the Mechs are awesome, but rather because they aren't.

zmog

15. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

So in other words your Mechs are magic and Transformers are not. Gotcha.

16. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

How are those Battlemechs or whatever going to do when the planet they're fighting on transforms into Primus?

Anyhoo, for my opinions on this, see the posts I made in the Gundam vs Transformers thread, and replace any incidence of the word "gundam" with "battlewhatsis."

17. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Yeah, hang on a sec whilst I go and get Optimus...HE'LL TAKE THEM ALL ON!

18. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Do these "mechs" require human pilots?

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Only because they're utterly silly characters with times travelling knees and the like.
    Yup. And that's a point against them. A pilot would have to think about his actions, then do them, then the machine has to respond. A Transformer just DOES it.
    Personally, I'd love to see G1 Galvatron against a Daishi or an Atlas.

20. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

He actually used "facts" and statistics to back up his well thought out argument. I'm no expert in Battletech,but going by the stats he gives,TFs only have the edge in agility,and agility only gets you so far.

IIRC,your Gundam argument was based around the fact that Gundam is stupid because in your opinion,all anime features grossly overpowered,unrealistic robots.
    Something like Battletech,with the types of mecha that are traditionally more American or "western,"is a whole other thing though. Since they're designed to be realistic (to a degree),they're the opposite of what you claim Gundam to be.