Customs: Cl. Starscream Mold Kitbash Ideas

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. Since I'll be getting an Acid Storm to finish my Thrust kitbash, I've decided to use the rest of him, since I'll only be needing the wings and tail fin assemblies for Thrust, to make another kitbash. The pictures are using my Classics Starscream as a little stand int for the moment (don't have an Acid Storm to use yet), to basically show the extreme basics of this bash idea I've come up with. This'll be one of my first heavy mod kitbashes. The chest/torso will be receiving most of the modifications, along with a new head and heals. I'll also be modifying the two guns, giving each different purposes. The first two pictures are of this characters alt-mode, and the third one is what I can currently show you of his bot-mode. The legs and the arms are really the only parts of him that won't be receiving heavy mods other than replacing the original heals. Shouldn't be too hard to guess, but this is the first time I've ever seen a kitbash of this particular design from G1.

Updated: It has bee properly guessed that this will be a Cybertronian Soundwave kitbash once finished. My plan is to make him my "Universe/Classics" Soundwave, since I wasn't able to find the reissue.

Attached Files:

2. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:
    everyone seems to talk about leader-1 since a couple of weeks...if not, that seems like you'll do one of those cone heads seekers.

anyway, keep up the good work!

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, you are incorrect. I've already got the other two cone heads in the works, and absolutely no interest in Leader-1, or any other Gobot for that matter (I think that's the Leader-1 you're talking about). Like I said, the first two pictures are what his alt-mode will essentially look like, except for the modifications I have planned for him :D 

4. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Broadside?

5. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Nevermind can be him. kind of look like soundwaves cybertron form.

6. optimusawesome

optimusawesome Well-Known Member

Are you attempting to do that statue thingie (cybertron mode) that was soundwave in the first ever episode of transformers (G1)?

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Correct, this will be Cybertronian Soundwave, and his alt-mode is a lamppost.

Edit: While I don't currently plan on kitbashing any minions for him, he will have one. The Ravage that will come with Universe Hound. That's another reason I'm going with a Soundwave kitbash, so it won't look odd that I have Ravage in my collection, but no Soundwave to go along with him.

8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

You're planning to make the Cybertronian Soundwave that in the cartoon transformed into a lamppost. I know that mode is weak as hell, but I guess thats your plan then go for it.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you know you could go all the way and do a full-bash into a proper Soundwave. It's been done already :) 

10. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I'm curious to see how this one goes, cause I can't seem to visualize the alt mode. Looking forward to it.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I agree, the alt-mode is a bit weak, but I think it's kinda funny, and I'm doing this mostly to give my collection a "Classics" Soundwave and the fact I'll have most of the parts to do it anyways.

I thought about it, but I'm not ready for that much modifying to a figure. That and this is a more unique thing.

The alt-mode is a little hard to visualize, but it'll all come together in the end. I'm thinking about giving him a little LED light, to make the alt-mode a bit more obvious.

I've also come up with a reasoning for his lamppost alt-mode on Cybertron. He really has multiple alt-modes he can choose from depending on the situation. The lamppost just happens to be one he can fool the Autobots with.

Edit: Just added the one photo of his alt-mode from the show, for those who don't know what it looks like.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I disagree, because a proper-done SW would still be able to pose in the "light" pose like you have here as well as tf into a cassette deck. I don't even think it was that hard of a bash. Ptitvite spelled out how he did it, using a Titanium SW torso, Starscream legs, etc.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    With the amount of modifying I'm going to be doing to him, I might try and give him a tape-deck mode too (I'd be more thing, kinda like Animated Soundwave's little tape-deck-like mode at the end of the episode), but most of my focus is going to be on his bot-mode. If I had the extra cash to buy a Titanium Soundwave off of a fellow board member, I'd at least consider going that way with it, but as I'll have a full bot-mode to work with anyways, I figured I'd use that, and pretty much scratch build the parts needed to modify him. I'm also considering making my own head for him using a cheap Prime KO's head as a base.

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Unless you just don't like the G1 Soundwave or you want a "Classics" Soundwave, personally I used to transform my G1 Soundwave in this mode as a kid. :D 

15. Ezilla82

Just keep us updated on your progress, Raven. Besides if this means you need a soundwave for your collection then that's cool.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I have nothing against G1 Soundwave. I'm not even a fan of G1, but Soundwave was one of the better molds from it. If I could get ahold of the TRU Reissue for a decent price, I'd go with that. As it is, he's too expensive for me, and I'll have this extra bot anyways. Might as well put it to good use.

My collection feels kinda odd withought some sort of "Classics" Soundwave in it. Figured I might as well kitbash one. That and it'd be nice to have a little collection of Soundwaves (Animated, Movie, and Universe/Classics). I currently have a total of 5 Bumblebee's and 5 Optimus Prime's, can't hurt to have 3 Soundwave's.

17. Ezilla82

No argument here.

18. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    scale wise and well, everything wise, why aren't you using a variation of SW? Classic SS is way too small, and you're rebuilding him and will eventually end up with ...soundwave.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Technically I'll be starting with a Acid Storm (yeah yeah, same mold, just being technical out of boredom). I'm going to say this once more, I'll have this extra bot to work with one way or the other, as I need certain parts to finish my Thrust bash, so I might as well put what's left over to good use. I then started to come up with ideas of what I could turn it into, and Soundwave was one of the better ideas (though it wasn't a long list to begin with). Also scale isn't really important here. If I had a Voyager mold to work with, I'd rather use that as he would be better in-scale with the Megatron I'm working on, but as I've stated before, I'm doing this for two basic reasons, 1. Put the extra bot parts to a good use, and 2. Give the Universe/Classics part of my collection a Soundwave.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well, I've been thinking about it, and I might go with a different character now. I've been trying to think of a character that I could easily get from this mold, but withought the wings or tail fin/wing assemblies. I'm also most likely going to get the repaint/retool of this mold to use as my Universe/Classics Starscream, and then use my current one to finish Thrust and do this bash. Pretty much the only things that need to be the same for this bash, is the character needs to be a Decpeticon, and someone who isn't already in my Universe/Classics Decepticon army, which doesn't have that many bots to begin with. Here's my current list of ideas, anybody have any ideas of their own, feel free to post them.

-Soundwave
    -Shockwave
    -Hate Plague infected bot
    -Some kind of drone
    -Blitzwing (lot more retooling needed, but it wouldn't be the first triple-changer I've seen come out of this mold)