Minor/Repaint: Cl. Megatron WIp

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. This actually was at one point my Classics Shockwave kitbash, which was actually my first official kitbash. While it wasn't too bad, it did bomb, lol. It's a good thing I kept it, as I recently decided to turn it back into Megatron. I've been slowly painting him over the past couple of weeks, giving plenty of time for each coating of paint to dry and cure evenly (tends to help when painting black). I've still got a ways to go, but these are the pieces that are pretty much done. All these one's really need now are a coating of dull coat and some time to cure. It's also a good thing I kept the hand I had at one point replaced with Shockwave's gun hand. I'm still in need of a replacement head, though this guy won't be done for a good while, so I'm in no rush. The first image is a digibash of what I'm basically planning for this kitbash, and the second is of the parts mentioned above. Well, that's pretty much it for now, thanks for looking, and for any comments :D 

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Well Raven, your Shockwave was good, but like you said was a failure. So its a good thing that you're making him into your version of Megatron. I hope this one doesn't bomb for you, but looking at the progress it looks very promising. So keep up the good work.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. This should at least turn out decent, as my kitbashing skills have developed greatly since Shockwave. My Un./Cl. Decepticon army will look much more full once I complete Megs, Dirge, and Thrust. I've decided that once I do Cannon, that he'll joing my "Other" Decepticons (I'm also merging the "Other" and Animated parts of my collection).

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Cool. Looking for to see those posted when their finished. Also cool that you're doing that as well, hope that evens out the field for your collection.

5. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cant wait to see this done as i want to do it to my megs. how did you get his wigs off with out busten them up?

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I don't know about what Rave did, but there's a pin in his arse that holds the wing section to it. If you knock that out, you can remove the wings with no damage. I took a slightly more brutal route, but it still worked.
    You can still reattach the wings in both modes easily, as they clip together in gun mode, and clip into his back in robot mode.

Looking forward to seeing this, Rave. I've got one of these fellas in the works myself.

7. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks for the tip. he will be my next one to do after i get some more paint.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. Like Ramrider said, I took out the little pin connecting it to his back. It's nice that it can be reattached for gun-mode very easily.

Thanks, and good luck with yours. I just hope I don't run out of black paint before I finish this guy. It's hard to tell how much I have left in the can. Silver I'm not worried about, as I recently opened up a new can of that, and it tends to last a good while, as it usually doesn't need many coats to cover a surface. Black on the other hand needs a good amount of thing coats even with some kind of primer.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I would not dullcoat any of the silver pieces. He'll look infinitely better! I used shiny future floor for mine, just didn't use it on the black parts so they're still flat :) 

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The odd thing is, I find that the dull coat I've been using doesn't really dull silver down much, if at all. Then again the silver I'm using isn't all that shiny to begin with. That and I think it'll make for a nice overall affect. The black will look REALLY nice once dulled down.