Civil War Trailer

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    View Trailer

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    cool..is there sound? i dont have speakers...but im kinda excited for this, and im not a big fan of marvel lately...hopefully this ends up being a good thing....

3. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

music is eh frankly i was hoping for the guns and roses song to be the music but thats just me as everytime i hear the title the song comes to mind.

trailer itself looks good I'll give it a go

4. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Hot damn am I looking forward to this. :D 

5. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

That clinches it, I'm buying this.

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Looks pretty damn good. But I wonder what the Watcher is doing during it. I know he'll be "watching", before anybody says it.

7. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

I'm no Marvel fan but I'll be getting this.

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I was planning on getting it and am so stoked for this. However all this hype better be worth it, not like House of M.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know. The trailer is impressive (although I don't like seeing the New Warriors killed off), but I'm not sure it's enough to convince me to read Civil War. I'm kind of huge crossover-ed out after IC, and House of M left me with serious doubts about Marvel's ability to pull off a good crossover.

10. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

It's written by Mark Millar, therefore it will be good. Well, the main 7 issues will be. Is he also writing all the different crossover issues of each comic that touches on it?

11. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Miller and Quesada can go die and rot in hell. Scumbags.

12. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    The series looks interesting, but I can't see any feasable way that explosion would kill Speedball.

Explosion = force
    Force = kinetic energy
    Speedball is practically made of kinetic energy. That explosion would at most bounce him across the city.

Why the hell does Quesada want to kill him off so badly anyway? He's actually an interesting character. Also, portraying the New Warriors as being inexperienced is just ******ed. Speedbal and Namorita were founding members of the group over 10 years ago. They've been heroes even longer. They aren't stupid enough to fight Nitro next to a school. It doesn't matter how good of a writer you are. A bad plot device is still a bad plot device.

13. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

What's with the hate on for Mark Millar? As far as I've seen he is one of the best writers in todays comics. I for one am reading The Ultimates for the second time in a month and a half, it's just that damn good.

14. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I think he's mostly pissed that they're gonna kill Speedball, one of his favorite characters.

15. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Bingo.

Yeah, let's kill off a much beloved team of "rookies" who have been around for 16 years. Speedball's been around for 18 years. 'Nita's been around even longer. Nova I assume makes it out of the fight, seeing as how he's one of the main players in this summer's other "big event".

Thankfully Marvel Boy and Firestar aren't part of the team anymore. Same for the old affiliates Darkhawk and Rage.

I'm really disappointed that the Warriors were chosen as the catalysts for this event. There are plenty of other b-level teams out there that they could have used. But Joe Dickhead Quesada has a hardon for Speedball.

It is now my purpose in life to make Joe Q suffer.

16. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Millar > Bendis

This should be better than House of M, last years yawnfest based on the writing alone. Bendis is good, but it doesnt seem like he handles ensemble or team stories very well.

17. thefrozenred

Ebay:

But when was the last time the New Warriors were used...? If I recall correctly, their last appearance was in Busiek's Avengers, where Firestar and Justice visited them. Since then...they really haven't been used by anyone, have they?

It's like when Kevin Smith killed off Karen Page in Daredevil. Everyone was angry, but seriously..."No one's really been making use of her."

If they killed off Black Panther, say, or Ms. Marvel, I could understand the outrage. But they killed off a bunch of guys that haven't been seen or used in a long time. Hell, I'm surprised the members of the new warriors (aside from Justice and Firestar) are still ALIVE.

18. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    For contrary evidence, I direct you to look at New Avengers. :) 

But yeah, for whatever reason, Bendis did a horrible job with HoM.

19. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Bendis is touch and go for me I like some of his stuff and I really dont like some his stuff. And as for the death of speedball, gotta agree if no one is making use of him and his charecter is just kind of there may as well make him a corpse he'll be back in 3 years or so tops anyway.

20. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Karen Page was a supporting character in the DD series at least around 1996 all the way to... I dunno, Pre-Kevin Smith run?

New Warriors WERE used in a mini last year (which is why they're doing the reality show thing in CIVIL WAR--CIVIL WAR is basing the characters and situations off of the miniseries, but with Millar's trademark confrontational dialogue).

BTW, Speedball showed up in the recent issues of MARVEL TEAM-UP, teaming with Dazzler, Darkhawk, Terror Inc, Gravity, Sleepwalker, X-23, and others, with an ending which might give the implication that there's two Speedballs.