Civil War in DCverse....

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by ArmadaJetfire, Mar 30, 2007.

1. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Now that Civil War is dying down, how do you think it would have played out in the DCverse? Who would fall on the two sides? I'm sure it would be Bats vs Supes, but which side would they be on? I could see it playing out like Kingdom Come, but I think a better twist would Be BatmanBruce Wayne playing the role of Iron Man/Tony Stark with Superman/Clark Kent playing the role of Captain America/Steve Rodgers. Thoughts?

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dark knight returns and dkr2, hello?

3. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Thats what the end result would/could/should be. And DR2 sucked huge donkey balls. I got the first issue, read the second and threw up in my mouth a little.
    I want to see the opening battles, the downward spiral, all that stuff, not an old Batman kicking Superman's ass 6 ways from sunday

4. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Kingdom Come? Thats sort of like Civil War, and the final battle scene was much cooler.

5. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Yeah, just go and read Kingdom Come. It's basically the same story, although written and drawn better, and it came first.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I honestly can't see Civil War happening in the DCU. The ordinary citizens in DC aren't as suspicious of the heroes as those in the Marvel Universe. If a school blew up and took some rookie heroes with it, the villain would get all the blame and the heroes would be mourned along with the kids. The only time the population of the DCU turned on its heroes was in the Legends miniseries, and that's just because Darkseid was brainwashing everybody (not a great miniseries, especially in light of the fact that it was clearly meant to emulate CoIE's success from the previous year and was frankly nowhere near as good. It did introduce the Suicide Squad, the JLI, and Post-Crisis Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman, though).

Besides, the whole Checkmate organization exists largely to make sure nothing ever happens that could lead to all the heroes fighting each other.

That said, if there was a registration act passed in the DCU and the heroes did fight over it, I could see the sides breaking down kinda like this:

Pro-Reg:
    Superman
    Green Lantern (Alan, Hal, John, Guy, and probably Kyle)
    Flash (Jay and Wally)
    Captain Marvel and family
    J'onn J'onnz
    Hawkman
    The JSA
    At least half of the Teen Titans
    Checkmate

Anti-Reg
    Batman and family
    Green Arrow
    Aquaman
    The Outsiders
    The other half of the Titans
    Supergirl
    Hawkgirl
    The Question
    The Birds of Prey

Wonder Woman would be the biggest wild card I can think of. I can see reasons for her to support both sides, so I'm not sure which one she'd pick.

In any case, I'd say the Anti-Reg side would be totally screwed. Even with Batman at the head, they'd be extremely outnumbered and outgunned.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Well people aren't suspicious on DC heroes because the Mavel U is very much based in reality. Read JLA/Avengers and even the heroes realize it's not the same.

And for sides, it could go either way. Batman would be all for registration but he also is hypocritical of being watched himself. Superman could also be either side. he believes in Trust and Justice so much that he might go pro-red but he is also a strong believer in personal choice. It's be interesting to say the least.

8. Ultimate_Menasor

Ultimate_Menasor peanut butter jelly time!

i never really got into DC. even though i'll occassionally read a Batman comic BUT
    Im more of a Marvel guy.

9. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

the only thing I liked about DKR2 is the whole ant man thing with him battling creatures

10. Ted Kord

Ted Kord Well-Known Member

Just read Identity Crisis to see who would be on what side. I think that would be a much better indicator than Kingdom Come considering KC was just non-powers versus metas.

Shipwreck, it was The Atom, not Ant Man.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    depends on the writer really. the funny JL books basically had JL as a UN sanctioned group for awhile and embassies on different continents. they are portrayed realistically, but differently.

its just that DC doesnt play up the public-super hero paranoia too much, if at all. that doesnt make it unrealistic.

12. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I'm not super invested in DC, but I think breaking down who's pro and anti-reg would come down to who needs to protect their identity more. Batman would really need the protection, Wonder Woman not really, Superman yes but could go public if DC had some balls and let Lois become every villain's target. Lanterns wouldn't need to hide, Flashes would, etc.

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. TBH, I think Marvel plays up the 'public paranoia of superheroes' angle too much.

There were metas on both sides; it was more old-guard 'traditional' heroes vs new guard 'ultra-violent, fighting for the sake of fighting' types.

Anyway, I think 'Civil War' had the kernels of a good idea, but was destroyed by atrocious writing, so I wouldn't mind seeing a DCU version. Here's how I would break the sides down...

Anti-Registration
    - Batman, Robin and most of the Bat-family. Batman playing the 'Captain America' role.
    - Donna Troy, Wonder Girl and Wonder Woman.
    - Marvel Family, including Black Adam.
    - Most vigilantes/'street level' heroes.
    - Various cannon fodder.
    - Flash family.
    - Outsiders.
    - Secret Six.

Pro-Registration
    - Superman, Supergirl and Steel. Superman playing the 'Iron Man' role, with the caveat that the writers would actually portray his views realistically, rather than the "let's just make him a jerk so we don't have to exert ourselves on moral ambiguity" tack Millar used.
    - Nightwing - Playing a similar role to Spider-Man, included mainly on this side to set up a conflict within the Batman family.
    - Victor Stone, Starfire, Garfield Logan, Kid Devil...basically any Titan (or former Titan) for whom a secret identity would be difficult.
    - Green Lanterns, including Kyle.
    - JSA
    - Deathstroke, playing a similar role to Norman Osborn/Baron Zemo and leading the Suicide Squad.
    - Various cannon fodder.

14. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I could see Bat's as being pro-registration.

He'd be all "I'm goddamn Bruce Wayne fuckers!", and that would be that. Then some lousy 2-bit hood will try to attack Bruce somewhere. Bruce will look at him cockeyed, and yell "What are you? retarded? I'm the goddamn Batman!"

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    lolz devilz

16. Omnis Validus

Omnis Validus Member

I can't see supes as wanting the registration,if anything i see the pro reg being flag shipped by Captain Marvel (shazam), with the "nieveity" of Billy Batson" and is family he has going,with Supes leading the anti reg.

I can't really say what nightwing would do,if Bats was anti reg,which i see him easily doing,then i think nightwing might pull a reversal just to spite him considering the undertones i see him portraying towards Bruce time to time, I see a division in the super family, as in I think currently with SG not wanting to be shadowed by Kal-el she might go pro reg, and steel might as well considering his past with alot of inner turmoil no matter which way he went.

As far the GL's, Kyle i see going Pro reg considers his girl can't exactly hide her identity and i see guy doing the same consdiering he never hid his in the first place,but i see john and hal going anti easily,john always seemed to take the road of martyr to quickly,plus I see him seeing alot of similarites of slavery in this,and I see Hal going old school saying it's a choice that one has to make for himself giving a Internal famliy conflict considering it his his daughter currently the main squeeze of kyle.

Since the Flash is none other then Bart allen (Impulse,kid flash) I see him going the way of anti reg,just to go along with his child hood friends father figures (robin and superboy). I see Jon' (martian manhunter) going with pro reg ,beleiaving that the world has a right to know if their in danger and siding with the goverment, considering on his planet he was a soldierscientist type.

I see aquaman sighing a relief of "FInally" and going pro reg as well,considering with the powers and list of where they live has always been apart of running atlantis and might bring a goverment with better control over their people so their will be fewer "Misunderstandings" with Atlantis.

I see robin following suit with bats and I see WG going with anti reg as well with wonder woman being brought out of retirement and being ordered to assist the goverment with the promise of fewer wars.....

that's my opinoin so far.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Let me explain my reasoning on this:

Pre-Reg:

Superman - Always sides with the government. He did it in Legends when Reagan ordered all superheroes to stop going out, and he'd do it again here.

Green Lanterns - Are cops, they're trained to follow the law.

Flash - Wally had his identity public for ages, he wouldn't have a problem registering. And the current Flash, Bart, is also a cop.

The Marvel Family - The Wisdom of Solomon would tell them that making sure meta-humans didn't get out of control is a good thing.

J'onn - Had a long history of working with the UN during the JLI era.

The JSA - Most of the original team already worked with the government back in WWII. And one of their main goals now is to make sure that new heroes behave responsibly. They'd definitely see the benefits of registration.

Anti-Reg

Batman - The ultimate loner and vigilante. He'd definitely balk at the idea of having to disclose anything about himself to anybody. No way in hell he'd register.

Bat Family - Would mostly fall in line with Batman's way of thinking.

Green Arrow - Do I even have to explain this one? Ollie's as anti-establishment as they come.

Aquaman - Is (well was, I'm talking classic Aquaman here) the king of a foreign power. He would refuse to bow to the government of another nation.

The Outsiders - Are almost as anti-establishment as Green Arrow.

Supergirl - Is still going through her rebellious stage. Even though she doesn't have a secret identity, she'd fight against registration just to piss off Kal.

18. Omnis Validus

Omnis Validus Member

Siwtchblade,i see and agree with most of what you said, I was for the larger part naming off that which i had not seen,but with Kal,that is where I defer,when lex was pres he went along,just trying to exist ,pissed off that lex was pres,but now that you mention it, I think he would do as the xmen did and try and remain neutural until being forced to make a choice.

Ultimatley i think he would choose meta's to have the right to privacy as well and in the process namely the Privacy act in a , and I love the guy, long winded speach. he maybe be more politically coorect now days,but I remember supes fighting nazi's on germany soil and would be nazi's which conflicts with his aiding goverment,cause in those particular cases he fought against the goveremnt in the name of justice,and remember his moto "truth ,justice and the american" is now a thing of the past.

19. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Hmm. Batman, I think, would be Pro-reg...as long as it didnt involve him. :D 

20. Ted Kord

Ted Kord Well-Known Member

Well, after Zoom going after his pregnant wife and killing his unborn children, I wouldn't be too sure of that. That's pretty much the reason he had Hal (as The Spectre) make everyone forget that he was The Flash.

Four letters: H.U.A.C.