Civil War Frontline #1: *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gears, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Many heroes use snappy one-liners.
    Last I checked COPS and Dog the Bounty Hunter are both popular TV shows that follow around people who hunt criminals. I don't see how he was personally responsible for Nitro. Most of his friends just died. I think that is mroe than punishment enough for his hubris.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I do like what they did with Carlton. They finally made "Hindsight Lad" interesting for once.

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    EXACTLY my reaction.

I think that some people, like Bendis, believe that Tony would be better off WITH his secret ID, hence the ending of disassembled.

However, much more likely is that a lot more Marvel bigwigs liked him OUT, but they felt that the way Grell did it was lacking. So, they wanted a do-over.

I don't know. It's frustrating if you're a fan of the character/series.

4. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Crap like this really, really make me wish we could bring back the Iron Man I grew up on comics with. Iron Man has really gotten to the point where I would rather Tony left for a good long time to "rediscover" him self and let some one else take over. Cant get much worse now.

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Wait, HL has a cameo? I missed that. Where?

And BTW (don't call me Kid) Nova is off representing Earth by preventing the "Nova Force" from falling into Anihilus's hands in the Anhilation cross over.

I'm usually not into 'cosmic' books but I'm giving it a try. Even though I was COMPLETELY lost in the Beta Ray Bill mini-series.

Also New Warriors left:
    Justice/Astro boy/Marvel Boy (already a convicted criminal, he is out fo time served and last I saw was engaged to Firestar)

Firestar (last I heard was worried about being able to have kids and whether or not her powers were giving her cancer)

Turbo: This was two people at one point and I think one died, it's really just a suit anyay.

Silhoute: What ever happend to her? I can't remember.

Alex Power: from Power Pack, I think this is now a seperate universe where every thing is shiny-happy like an Archie Comic. Still the Kymelion (sp?) people (albino horse aliens with funky starships) and X'nrx (Snarks) should show up in one of these 'cosmic' war books. Especially since all Kymelions have latent powers in their DNA and would have value to SOMEBODY. (I hate when I read & like obscure titles)

Also the Warriors first nemisis Midnight Fire or something? Turned out to be Sil's brother and he had a whole squad, and everyone's favorite Geneticly enhanced Prosac squad Psionex! (they had a F#$%ing STRIPPER on their team!! WTF? lol)

And finally, since Nita ultimately is the one who confronted Nitro (when did she get the Disney tats anyway?) What Will the Spock-Mariner do? (and where is he lately anyway?)

6. Dirge's Ghost

Dirge's Ghost A User That Is Registered

She Hulk #8

He created a webside (destroyallwarriors.com) because he was mad at what Speedball and the others had done. Rage and Marvel Boy go to Jennifer to talk about shutting down the website, since it`s posting the secret identities and addresses of the surviving NW and then posting videos of people attacking them.
    After a heated discussion between She Hulk aand Iron Man in court, Iron Man gives her a memory stick containing info about the webmaster, Hindsight Lad, who had been trying to remain annonimous.

She Hulk, Rage, Marvel Boy, Slapstick, Firestar and another female warrior that I don`t recognize confront him. But they leave after a lot of civilians show up and they`d rather not do anything to make themselves achieve an even worse reputation.

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Sounds tight! *must buy*

I don't recall Slapstick, I forgot about Rage. He was kinda Speedy's best friend and Thrasher's Robin at the same time. Always assumed he'd been rolled into the Avengers. I get him confused with Cage a lot too. Especially the 'new direction' Luke Cage.

The other female might have been Sil or Turbo. If she was Asian and talked about shopping it was turbo. Actually, Sil is asian too but some artists portray her as latina. She's half-cambodian according to her story, the other half might be black or latin.

At one point she had crutches, but when her powers evolved she got a darkforce ability. So shemight be completely black.

Or the mystery fem might be one of the girls from Psionex.

8. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you might want to keep an eye on the next couple of Wolverine issues.