Civil War #4: *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gears, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well this issue we find out who dies:
    Goliath, who gets his chest blown open by "Thor." "Thor" acts very uncharacteristically during the killing... becase he's a friggin' faulty clone created by Reed Richards! Sue Storm ends up saving the resistance from further harm, to her husband's dismay. Later Sue and Johnny Storm both end up joining Cap's side. The registration supporters then reveal their new plan: "Lets have a band of super-villains bring in Cap's team for us!" The team consists of Venom, Bullseye, Taskmaster, Mad Jack, Lady Deathstrike and two others I can't recognize. Civil War was so compelling for me up until this issue, where I think everything goes downhill. I'm really dissapointed in the "Thor clone" excuse and hopefully things will pick back up again when Spidey jumps ship. (As it appears he is contemplating during Goliath's funeral.)

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Wow, I can't believe I had to wait for this until tomorrow. Thor clone? Bullshit

3. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I know is the REAL Thor had better show up in the next few issues. And if he does, MAN is he gonna be so pissed at Reed and Tony...

4. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Yeah this issue got a couple "holy shit" comments from me. Course now I'm curious as to if that Thor is a clone, where did Donald Blake(or who we can assume is Blake) go. I mean even this clone's hammer was fake, so the real Thor is still probably out there. Also I was curious as to who that blonde guy was in the tube(don't think it was still Thor, he had short blonde hair. Maybe another clone of Steve or even Clint). I figure by the next couple issues, we'll have Peter jumping ship to join Cap's side, which would make that one cover with Peter fighting all these enemies make sense a bit more. And I really think maybe the only person who could be a bigger dick than Tony might be Reed. Hell even Hank was like "WTF?" over the recent events.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    They killed Goliath! I can't believe it! Such an incredibly beloved and popular character, who's been central to the Marvel Universe for so many years, and they killed him? This is the worst tragedy to befall a beloved character since DC killed Baby Wildebeest!

:rolleyes2 

6. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The beginning of the issue, got me so hyped. Thor seemed like such a HUGE threat and a "WTF is he doing?!?" kinda moment. When it was a clone, that blew. Apparently that's a pretty good replica of the hammer with no one being able to pick it up except D.B. And Reed seemed too calm with Goliath dying.

7. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Well, I seem to be the only person who thinks the Thor clone is so totally cool. Not only did they CLONE A MUTHAFUCKING GOD(!), but now we can have some Thor vs. Thor fighting.

8. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Well my thought that Thor was just Blake has been destroyed. And speaking of Thor, where is Beta Ray Bill? When I read his miniseries, I thought he was on earth now.

I was little disappointed in the end, release criminals to fight for you? Just seems dumb. But it does set up for a total public fallout with the government and Stark once they find out.

Also, who was the guy that was spying on the heroes leaving the base?

9. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bet it was the Punisher.

Newsarama has an article up where they interview Civil War writer Mark Millar and Editor Tom Brevoort about the events of #4. Interesting stuff...

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/CivilWar/WarRoom/04/CWroom04.html

10. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

That mother had a lot of balls coming up to Tony and basically saying "Goliath got what he deserved". Does Millar not like Mr Fantastic? Because he seems to be dumping on him a lot.

11. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Maybe the Thor clone will turn out to be Ben Reilly!

12. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

The Scarlet Spider-Thor!!

13. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Man, the pro-reg guys are dicks, dicks, dicks!

Why the f*ck would you chain up a dead guy for his funeral?!!! Dicks!

Iron man having that sound thingy. WTF? Has he gone all Batman or something? "Luckily I brought my brain paralyzer" Dick!

Reed Richards making a clone of Thor?! Dick!

Yellow Jacket/Giantman trying to make himself out as not being a dick? Whadda DICK! :p 

14. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Marvel's whole line about 'No, really, we're presenting this neutrally- both sides have their merits.' Yeah...which side is sending out Bullseye, Leady Deathstrike, and Venom after the other? Or creating clones of recognizable beings to try to curry some public favor (or smash holes through minor characters)? Forget "I'm with Iron Man." I'm with the "Hopes Mark Millar does a better job of showing the pro-reg side's good points" camp.

-Tony!

15. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Screw the pro regs, it too late for them now. They're evil. Blag!

16. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Cause nobody stays dead in comics

YEAH I"M TALKING TO YOU JASON TODD!!!:poke 

17. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Well, regardles sof the character's overall importance to the MU, it was very well done and both sides took it very hard. It'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

Though I have to say, for all of Millar's talk about not wanting to kill characters needlessly, why the @#$%&ing HELL did he kill Hornet the way he did?

As for Clor: Good twist, just not as good as it could have been.

18. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    In that interview they try really hard to tell you that the pro-guys are the good guys, and if anything, the anti guys are the bad ones. Yet the good guys, by definition, somehow are using a bunch of evil tactics to make the bad guys (anti-reg) look like good guys.

Captain America is just gonna become Captain Canada, I swear.

19. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...pfeh.

First disappointment so far in this, for me. Goliath's death only needed some explicit vore art to be a Crisis death. :/

Clone Thor's a bit of a cop-out, but explains a bit.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

It was both YAY! And NAY.

Which is sad, it's exactly like IC in that respect, the first few issues were all "OMG man shit is really fucked up." and then they ruined it and I stopped caring.

Luckily for Marvel, I still care. Just about. But the Thor clone was dumb. If it was that guy, then it would have been hella cool.