Civil War #3, with spoilers

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Wreckgar, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I'm surprised no one posted on this yet.

So it happened. We saw a bolt and the hammer in FF but now it's official, Thor is back. I am really surprised he is on Tony's side. My thoughts are that either the wisdom and sight of Odin allowed him to see registration as a good thing or this is another person with the powers and look of Thor. Either way, issue 4 should be interesting.

The best scene i nthe book IMO was the Giant people fighting. Stature and Goliath vs Atlas and Yellowjacket. I couldn't even imagine seeing 4 40ft people duking it out.

Also, who else is with me in hoping Beta Ray Bill shows up and joins Cap's side.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    That would be rad, but I doubt they will.

I haven’t read it yet but I’m surprised Thor is going with Tony, but I thought he might after reading the last Thunderbolts and seeing Hercules with Cap and thinking “they aren’t going to put two gods on the same team”.

Also Thor, Tony and Pym where all founding Avengers maybe they are sticking together on that.

They made a continuity mistake. Spoilers ahoy if you haven’t read Sensational Spider-Man 28 and or Thunderbolts 104.

In Sensational Spider-Man Doc Ock goes after Spider-Man the day after his unmasking and at the end the narrative tells up he wakes up in Reeds new prison repeating the same thing over and over.

But in Thunderbolts it’s some days is not weeks later and the prison is still under construction and Ock has a short but rationale conversation with Zemo. Not a big deal but something I picked up on.

3. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I'm so used to Thor being so bad ass in Ultimates that I guess I'll have to get used to him being a tool in the normal universe again

4. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Anyone else notice the slightly Ultimates inspired costume? I don't think that 616 Thor has ever had those white dots, has he?

5. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

I think it looks the same as it's always been.

[​IMG]

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

that's like his costume when he turned into a normal humab being (Eric Masterson and that other dude)

7. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Millar did a really good job of making me like Cap's side in this issue...Tony's team is coming off as a little too brutal and malicious, to be honest. Even Spider-Man's behavior in the battle surprised me. EDIT: If that's Murdock in the Daredevil suit, I'm even more surprised...the two of them good friends before all this. Longer than Peter and Cap were teammates, to boot.

EDIT #2: Okay, nevermind, it's NOT Murdock. Just read Cable/Deadpool #30, where Wade says something to that extent.

Definitely a strong issue, though. I'm really glad to see that the various tie-ins are strongly relevant this time around (unlike HoM, where it didn't matter at all if you read Spider-Man: HoM, F4: HoM, or Iron Man: HoM).

To boot, Iron Man defeating Cap is something I'd never see. Very badass.

8. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Holy Shit!

That's about all I have to say.

9. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Those were my words when I got to the last few pages. I'm also suprised he's working with SHIELD. I'm looking forward to the fallout.

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

That was a fucking awesome issue.

They really have me thinking that Tony's side are all dicks. They. Are. Dicks.

Go team Cap!

And a big fat "booooo" to Thor. But what a comeback eh? I nearly fell off the toilet reading that issue.

This is making DC's Infinite Crisis look like fan-fiction.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really enjoying this civil war but I really don't understand the choices/sides some of the heros chose...Thor siding with Iron-man seems weird...I mean, won't it better to keep a secret identity to avoid acts of revenge from villians.

12. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Maybe I missed something; I just skimmed the issue so far and haven't picked up nearly half the tie-ins available right now, but correct me if I'm wrong I thought Thor simply just appeared. He's only in the last page and to me it seems that he's just showed up and hasn't chosen anyone's side yet... I mean come on; he hasn't even said anything, he's just... BAM and then that's the end. So why the hell is everyone assuming he's on Tony's side? Maybe after I read the issue it'll make sense, but I think all ya'll are jumping the shark with this one. (Besides Thor is a God; technically speaking the US Government has no jurisdiction over him.)

13. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Because SHEILD said they were letting "Codename: Lightining" go in.

How are we "jumping the shark" its not a tv show going from good to bad.

14. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta say, this -is- kicking Infinite Crisis and its "haha die with no dialogue or mourning you stupid c-stringer"ness around.

Total theorizing: Someone mentioned to me that maybe Thor is arriving to kick the ass of Codename Lightning.

However, I doubt it. And yeah, I also went HOLY SHIT NO WAY at that last panel. :D 

Between this and Annihilation, Marvel has totally capitalized on their win over me with Marvel Zombies.

15. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Can someone point me to a complete checklist for Civil War? Preferably the full series, but even just to get me up to date, would be great.

Muchas Tocas! :hookday 

16. Wreckgar

17. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    SCHWEET! Thanks, WG! Somehow, i spend hours searching and looking, and never think to go to marvel.com. :-\ I blame my environment.

18. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Just finished reading it and it was bad ass. What’s Bishop up too one wonders. And #3 inspired my new sig pic.

19. Wreckgar

I love when Deadpool calls all of Cap's team by their new identities and makes fun of Goliath. But then what really clinches it is when Goliath agrees with it's stupidity which happens in Civil War 3, not the Deadpool issue. It really shows that Marvel put a lot of time and effort into this.

As said, it's making Identity Crisis a joke. IC started out really strong and just fizzled out. And now DC is hinting at metahuman registration in Battle for Bludhaven. Low guys, very low.

20. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

What's Bishop up to you ask? Why he's siding with the Government. Was shown in X-Men: Civil War #1 (I believe)

I also like how other comics are tying in without having the special "Civil War" cover, like New X-Men.