Civil War #2 Massive Spoiler

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Superman_Alpha, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Venomon is with the Scourpion now i think

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Seems like everything with Spider-Man is forgotten:

Clone Saga
    May Day Parker

and eventually they will make it as though no one knows his secret identity and no one will remember his ugly red/yellow costume.

and i can't believe they kept the ugliest Venom costume in the world....and i bet it'll change into something like the movie version after this.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:

It's latin, a few words didn't make sense. Poorly translated, it says:

To take by assault to say if only that were true at that time to move violently to be to fail. Seapius game and volco volpes our these to be in the same place. To toil delenit to accuse delenit to undergo if only that were true whether to pierce through and. Tation to humble loss feugait nulla was. And to pierce through or anyone to build diam case at law to pertain to when customary to double duis dignissim. To turn aptent these , according to reason these , to send forward , to add to a heap to move violently tation aptent to turn. Due forms augue some to forbid pain prepared and worthless ninth luptatum lamentation aiba time rule nulla. Upon gradually anyone upon to hate to take away , due forms nane , and feugiat to show to fear dignassin you. Volutpat , in the same place , to raise up even if in fact to send forward , to turn huit coegi out of similar to liberate gitvus my. Will and to take by assault to take by assault sisco , that he when to turn that not reject. If you wish to take away this at that time laoreet sired full of wind rude. Luptatum lefoveo to add to a heap mortal but district , to turn , rule , with a ready upon to hate , skirmish easy anyone. A banquet , cover with earth nibh , to turn like a wheel to turn our game ullamcorper to toil wealth augue painfully. A nod to send forward game time tation dignissim outdoors you vessel covenant that. In the least degree ninth modeo he to work zealously delore or or hendrerit this when. If you wish hendrerit , in truth to forbid according to reason out of to take away anyone but to send forward nulla hendrerit customary. Luptatum and fatherland foolish even if similar and that not , accordingly or , to send forward. Skirmish one's own tation alone because because. On the contrary genius if only that were true vaide mighty easy consectetuer alone , customary , to flatter. To make fit because anyone upon jealousy to fail genius. Innate character hendrerit , but heavy in this he feugait accordingly he or when , to turn shortness some mighty. To wish for augue extensive to overwhelm nulla out of , to make fit due forms in truth skirmish prepared unseemly to magnify dignissim to. Cover with earth to respect was ficilisi to drive off and better.

I'm probably the only person who likes him, but Sentry is one of my favorite characters nowadays in Marvel. Regardless of what he does or doesn't do, he can always make everyone forget for Peter, since they're friends.

4. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I knew this was coming, and it still threw me for a loop. I think handled well, this can be a great way for Peter to evolve. I hope they don't retcon it without at least putting a good effort to use it first. Though if they do use this to kill MJ, I'll be done with Spider-Man, and probably all of Marvel except for She-Hulk.

And if they do bring back Ben Reilly (which I would be utterly amazed to see), they need to make him his own character, not Spider-Man. That's the reason he's hated by the world at large.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea, before Onslaught, Iron man went insane and the Avengers brought a 20 yr old version from the past to beat him. In the end, the adult Tony sacrificed himself to save everyone, even after almost killing his younger self.

(And I want a Young Tony Iron Man Legends figure)

But Busiek quickly retconed that in his first arc on Vol3.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arrghh...I'm trying to forget the "young Tony" story arc...I'm sure that arc has its share of fans but I'm tired of time-travelling and alternate universe plot devices...

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

see...it never was Peter in the lame costume, it was actually Ben...i like Ben and all, but this is the only way they could have gone with changing the costume (in a way)

8. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

otherwise refered to as Marvel in the 90s.

9. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Actually, Brubaker already reintroduced Punisher in a resent Daredevil.

10. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Oh well, I read he's returning in Civil War, hopefully he'll still make an appearence at least.

11. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That just proves that she should have stayed dead....

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The 90s had their moments. The Age of Apocalypse, the... um... Boy, the AoA was good.

13. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

He gets his own mini in September. A three part CW crossover called Punisher: War Journal.

14. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I severely, SEVERELY hope that those guys were not paid/encouraged by Stark to attack Peter after Peter goes to Cap's side. That would be REALLY lame.

But, in other news, this cover isn't so much of a shocker if you think about it. Osborn? Venom? Two of the most major rogues in Spider-Man's gallery that already know his identity beating him up?

If Peter blames getting kicked around by those two on Stark convincing him to come out, it'll be some pretty bad storytelling.

EDIT: Oh, right, what I came to say in the first place.

Spider-Man hasn't really interested me much, as of late. Other headline comics, like New Avengers, Daredevil (if you're not reading it, you should), Iron Man, and (from what I've heard) Captain America have undergone radical changes, for the better (the Sentry, "The Devil in Cell Block D" as well as "Out," the whole Secretary of Defense thing, and Winter Soldier, respectively). I think, if this thing sticks, I'll pick up ASM again after Civil War is over.

15. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just read it, thought it was good. I wish there was more detail though, I guess I’ll have to get all the tie in books for that.

16. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

To echo red, I also beleive that this is the right path for the character. This is the kind of shift that Stan Lee built his career on. Spiderman was the first teenage solo hero, the only character to age in any noticable way, and now is the first icon to be unmasked and have it actually mean something.*
    *Daredevil's unmasking was just as meaningful if not more so. However, he isn't an icon like Spiderman.

17. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Because I want it forever to remain on the forum

[​IMG]

VERSUS

[​IMG]

18. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    John Jackson Miller did an awesome job on Iron Man. His Best Defense story was fantastic and the prelude to Disassembled made more sense than the real desassembled arc.

19. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Issue #1 was good, issue #2 not nearly so. Hopefully this doesnt devolve into a snoozefest like HoM did.

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, you are a...cruel! LOL! As for Spidey unmasking...its as bad as him getting married...its going to be difficult for Marvel to undo it...

I think Marvel is not going the "revenge" route on Spidey for now...saving it for much later.