Civil War #2 Massive Spoiler

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Superman_Alpha, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    So, did anyone read the Amazing Spider-Man that shipped last week? DevilzFan mentioned it above and it makes the ending of Civil War #2 a lot less surprising; well, I just picked it up and it seems Tony pretty much threatens Peter into this. He doesn't force him persay, but strongly implies Peter must do this for the safety of his family. I was pretty shocked by it, Tony is a much, much "darker" character than is being shown in New Avengers and even Civil War so far.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They have taken Iron Man to some dark places. In Armor Wars he basically went around kicking ass on every tech hero and villain.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Probably just dummy type, which for whatever reason, is customarily in Latin. However, most places I've seen/used it, it's one phrase that takes an inch of column space repeated ad nauseum. This doesn't seem to repeat, but even so, it's probably just some (relatively) famous Latin speech/lit used for the same purpose...to avoid having to fill all that text in manually.

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I knew Spidey's public reveal was coming, thanks to both last week's ASM and some of the thread titles at Newsarama last week ("Civil War 2 Spoilers! Looks like Ben Reilly can come back" or something like that).

I thought is was a pretty enjoyable issue, though some events seemed a little disjointed (like Cap already having allies) but I could have missed something in the tie-ins that I'm not reading for all I know. And of course, this issue wasn't a direct follow-up to the first issue. There has been some passage of time.

During the scene with Reed and Sue I couldn't help but think, "God, Reed, you're so full of it." I mean, come on! Unregistered super-beings leading to an apocalypse?

And Jameson's reaction at the end was priceless. I expected something great, and him passing out met my expectations. Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if he had a heart attack.

5. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Once again, I haven't picked up a comic in ages, but as for Iron Man's character, didn't he go insane a few months before Onslaught showed up and end up getting killed by his younger self ? Him acting a bit evil doesn't surprise me a bit.

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I didn't even know the issue was out yet. Have to pick it up on Friday

7. Dirge's Ghost

Dirge's Ghost A User That Is Registered

Nope, there was nothing about Cap recruiting people in any of the tie-ins.
    He does show up in She Hulk 8, where he has a little talk with Jameson Jr., but they barely touch the subject.

8. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Iron Man's reason for going after the tech villians wasnt because he wanted to kick ass on them, but because he felt a sence of responsibility over the damage they caused. But I agree that they have taken Tony to a dark place. I'm waiting for the Marvel "Infinite Crisis of Marvel Earths"

9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seen the Civil War 5 cover at Newsrama yet ?

10. Optimus_Prime84

Optimus_Prime84 Well-Known Member

11. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I did. Is that a new Goblin design? The goblin and Venom already knew Spiderman's identity though. Wonder what brought this on?

12. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Holy Crap! They kept those ugly Venom and Goblin redsigns? That's the biggest shock of that cover. I wonder if that's the Punisher with the machine gun.

13. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because they're hoping that if having him unmask doesn't sway you to Tony's side, putting him back in the costume you want will....

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everybody just likes to pretend that never happened.

15. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Run away from what??? Telling all the "bad people" who you are? Cause they have a right to know... and telling them is the "responsible" thing to do... Just look at the cover of Civil War #5 for proof of that.

Doesn't this also negate the whole ending to the first movie too?

16. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Well I saw that coming if Pete did reveal, yet Bullseye never knew and on who has the gun, who knows who cares. Probably just some 2 bit thug looking to make a name for himself.

17. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    I care, Civil War is supposed to bring the Punisher back into the regular MU and it'd be nice if his first "real" appearence in years is hunting down the character whose book he debuted in all those years ago.

18. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I think that'd be awesome to have the Punisher show up like that. I think his role in Civil War is supposed to be a "hero hunter" similar to what Deadpool and (I think) the Thunderbolts are doing.

19. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Her exact words "and responsibility means you don't run away when someone asks, "who did that?"' Peter was about to go into hiding like Cap did before Aunt May spoke to him. So really it's all her fault Peter took his identity public. Mostly Peter kept a secret identity to protect his loved ones right? As well as keep a personal life. Well they live in the tower that the Avengers call home. With so many heroes around it with enemies it isn't exactly the safest of places, yet it's probably the safest place they can be. And several of Spidey’s villains already knew who he was.

20. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I remember the Goblin redesign, but when did they redesign Venom. Last thing I remember reading with Venom was when Brock couldn't re-bond with the symbiote. I'm definately out of the Venom loop :lol