CITY HUNTER live-action TV series underway

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tekkaman Blade, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Korean movie site HanCinema reports that plans are afoot to adapt Tsukasa Hojo's popular manga and anime series 'City Hunter' into a live-action TV show.
    Jeong Woo-Seong is said to be playing the lead role in the 13-episode show, produced by Fox Television. The report indicates American actors will round out the cast. The show is set to be filmed in Seoul and Tokyo, with cameras set to roll in early 2009.

I'm wondering is this an american series?

UPDATE: It is an american series.
    I wonder if other animes like Black Lagoon or Gunsmith Cats are next?
    Jeong Woo-seong First Asian Actor to Star in American TV Drama - 2008/12/23 / Korean Top News and Blogs

2. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Sounds like the ateam

3. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    City Hunter is a Anime about a perverted Trouble shooter/P.I. type. It had 1 live action movie with Jackie Chan as the star. It went off track though and had Jackie dressing like Chun-Li(I'm not kidding) If done well it would be cool. Though it will never be as funny as the anime where Kaori his assistant is constantly attacking him with giant hammers for being so perverted. Trigun was inspired by this series. Similar usage of the main hero going from goofy to bad ass at the drop of a hat. It's one of my favorite animes. I have the entire series on DVD, it ran for awhile and had several ova's movies and spin offs. It just never hit big in the states.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ZeonikFreak

ZeonikFreak Genom's Finest...

I really liked the LA movie with jackie chan, despite that it could have been a bit better.

I have watched like half of the first TV series, so i need to finish that up sometime, and ive read a bit of the manga, which both are really good.

But this is some good news...

5. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    I just realized it's on Fox, it probably won't make it 5 episodes before they can it.