City Guardian Omega Supreme

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ondjah, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Ondjah

Ondjah Vaporz

How come I don't remember who this guy is?

Was he one of the bad guys the Quintessons controlled Cybertron with?

2. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

The City Guardians originate in the G1 cartoons as the protectors of Cybertron in the Golden Age, before the war (season 3 I think...). Their designs were based on his. Omega Supreme is actually a City Guardian, but imbued with a spark and a will of his own. The recent re-issue of Omega Supreme was recolored into City Guardian by Takara.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Season 2.

Omega Supreme used to be one of them up until the Constructicons trashed the Crystal City (or whatever it was called). Then he had no City to guard.

Long after, during a run to Cybertron from Earth, Megatron controlled a bunch of them against the Autobots. Pretty sure, anyway.

That's about all there is on them.

Toy-wise, it was a eHobby redeco of the Omega Supreme mold.

4. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

In season 3 when the Autobots travel back in time in the episode "Forever is a long time coming" we get to see an early Autobot rebellion versus the Quintessons.
    In this episode the guardians are the muscle the Quints use to enforce their rule with.
    I guess after the rebellion the Autobots must have reprogrammed the guardians to work for them or used the blueprints to build guardians of their own.

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I find it oddly ironic that you don't know who Omega Supreme is, but know who the Quintessons are...

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Maybe he started watching G1 after the movie. Omega only got like two episodes and even then, he was blasted by Galvie.

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

The Guardian robot only appeared in the G1 cartoon for a few seconds so I can understand why he doesn't know about them. If you watch this Teletran Files video, you can see them in the background

YouTube - Teletran I Files - The Decepticons

8. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

They appeard more than that in the G1 cartoon.
    That clip of a few guardians is originally from the episode "wardawn" where they are featured a lot more than those few seconds, they are in it quite a bit acually.
    Megatron, Shockwave and the seekers discuss them a bit too and for the first time names them as guardian robots.
    Also in "In the secret of Omega Supreme" Optimus Prime asks something like this to Omega "You were one of the Guardians?"
    Then they are featured again in the episode "Forever is a long time coming".

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well there you go! I haven't watched the G1 cartoon in years