City Commander: Your Magnus can lift the BFG too!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kyle Chow, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Kyle Chow

Kyle Chow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Your Magnus can "get it up" too! :eek: :eek: :p :D 

If your Classic Ultra Magnus figure happens to have a loose or worn out elbow joint, I've prepared the following simple, easy to do method to strengthen it for the BFG. :p 

[​IMG]
    All you need: scissors, screw-driver, paper. (I used simple photocopier/printer paper.)

[​IMG]
    First, unscrew the 2 screws on your Magnus' forearm.

[​IMG]
    And remove the pieces...

[​IMG]
    I labelled the 3 parts: A, B and C.

[​IMG]
    Cut out a small piece from the paper, about the same size as shown. Fold it once so we have 2 layers.

[​IMG]
    Reattach B into A. Then insert the small piece of folded paper into the gap highlighted in red. (Do not over fill the gap, otherwise your elbow joint will end up too tight. 2 layers should already be enough.) Then simply reattach everything and put the screws back on.

[​IMG]
    Viola!

2. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats great thanks for the tip.

3. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey thanks for the simple tip, appreciate it man :) 

4. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Cheers, mate. Now does anyone have any tips on how to tighten the pins that hold Magnus's air foil rifle on his back? Mine are pretty loose.

5. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I found that the real loose joint on mine is not the elbows, but the swivel in the shoulders. Not sure how to tighten that one without using superglue/nailpolish...

6. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Thank you. Now, I know what the h311 that "B" piece is, and where it's supposed to go!

Don't dismantle your Transformers without keeping track of what goes where, kiddies... :banghead: 

7. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    I've always been a fan of using clear nail polish to tighten up parts - currently doing it with my Henkei Thundercracker's missle launchers. It takes a few layers, but it works and keeps me from having to add extra things (like paper) that may come out or end up showing.

Nonetheless, for a quick fix, this is good. Thanks.

8. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Well my Armor wont be here till Friday but I went ahead and did this mod just to be sure. Very well pictured tutorial.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  9. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

A nice, quick fix. Thanks.:thumb 

10. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Yup. And in this case, the shoulder is held on by a rivet of which there is no way to get out. Not to mention the ton of glue on all of the parts concerning the shoulder.

11. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    very nice, well done.

Thanks for posting this!

12. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info! I havn't gotten mine in the mail yet but I'll be sure to do this mod beforehand!

iDD

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's quite possible to tighten the shoulders. The bicep swivel is something else entirely.

When it comes to the shoulders, though, don't be afraid to break them a bit. As you know, for whatever reason, they're pegged together, and then glued. The glue part seems to be rather hit or miss. On my Classics Optimus, both were lightly glued, and I was able to crack it with my bare hands. On my Henkei, they're glued shut. On Magnus, his left shoulder came apart like it wasn't glue at all, whereas his right was glued entirely.

If you need to crack them open, stick some needlenose pliers into his shoulder, and open them up inside the shoulderpad, likely breaking the pegs in the process. Don't worry, they're hardly necessary.

Now that the shoulders are disassembled, remove them from the plastic tab that's anchored in by the rivet (don't screw up the orientation of this tab, now, it's longer on one side than the other. Long side points toward the front of the shoulder). Now, just apply a bit of superglue or nailpolish to the lip of the shoulderpads (the edges that rotate around the shoulder post), and this'll tighten them up nice and good.

While you're at it, you might as well swap his biceps, too, since in all releases of the toy, these parts are swapped for some reason, so the screws face the outside.

As for tightening the biceps, though, those are glued shut completely, so there's no hope at cracking those apart. You might be able to drip a bit of superglue into the crack, though.