2D Artwork: City Commander repaint ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Phoenix Prime, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Phoenix Prime

Phoenix Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I took Venksta's awesome Lineart of the City Commander Set, and did some repaint ideas...

First, Optimus Prime, done like Power Master Optimus Prime, Gray on the outside like the G1 Trailer, but folds out in red and blue armor

and then SG Prime...

I did mess with the faceplates a little, but I am eager to hear people's opinions

UPDATED played with PM Prime a little, I think I like the little adjustments

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I would buy the Power Master set and it would seem that they could still release it without stepping on anyone's toes since it's so different from the TFCon Powered Convoy set

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
  4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i always prefered the thunderclash idea more to shattered glass to be perfectly honest

(lifted fromthe thread at tfans)
    [quote name='Quintesson #1' date='Nov 18 2008, 12:09 AM' post='1455141']
    Well since everybody's doing it, I guess you don't mind me taking a jab at it, do you Venk? :) 

Couldn't be bothered to do the shading yet. Maybe tomorrow. =p

Behold: Classics Thundahclashuuh!

Vehicuhl moduh:
    [​IMG]

Supah-Robottuh moduh:
    [​IMG]
    [/quote]

5. Andy_Turnbull

Andy_Turnbull Active Member

Ebay:
    I'd love a Thunder Clash version of the armour. That would be amazing.

Groovy colours on that.

Andy

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Damn! All of these look cool.

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    [/QUOTE]

Hahaha! That is awesome! You forgot his bird symbol, though. D:

8. Phoenix Prime

Phoenix Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Another repaint, I studied Classics Prime, Magnus and SG Prime looking for a way to do the paint. The first idea was to color SG Magnus as similar to SG Prime as Magnus was to Prime... then realized it would really just look like Nemesis Prime... so I rethought the idea... what did SG Prime look like... I thought he kinda looked like G1 Galvatron, so what if SG Magnus, has a kinda sorta G1 Megatron look? Gray, with some red trim... and a little bit of black, gives him a unique look from all the other City Commander Upgrade Kits, and makes him look evil without being another Dark Prime

So here you go.

Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus
    Profile: Magnus was built as Dion, an old friend and comrade of Optronix, and was the first to join Optronix's Autobot rebellion. When his long time friend renamed himself Optimus Prime, Dion took the title of Ultra Magnus, and was made second only to Prime himself. While Prime kept the best upgrades for himself, he had Magnus rebuilt in similar fashion (Prime making sure he would always be the superior, of course). Magnus was a loyal soldier to the Autobots first and foremost, so when the cool, level headed Prime seem to have gone insane, Magnus surrounded himself with his personal guard, his Protectobots, and tried to take over the Autobots through one on one combat with Prime... Magnus lost. He was stripped to his basic components and left to rust in a containment cell. Then one day, Perceptor came to collect Magnus, or what was left of him. Rebuilt him once more in Prime's image. Prime wished for Magnus to lead his new Team of Wreckers, and to seekout, and destroy the traitor Rodimus, who has took the Ark to Earth without Optimus Prime aboard. Perceptor designed a trailer for Magnus, that would become weapons and armor, stating that these additions were to help with any Decepticon issues... the truth however, is Perceptor desgined the armor for Prime, as a way to tip the scales against Megatron. Prime, who is distrustful of Perceptor by nature, decided his old friend Ultra Magnus would be a perfect test subject.

So, unaware of his role as guinea pig, Ultra Magnus has gathered together a new Team of Wreckers, making plans to reach Earth as soon as he can, to destroy the Young Punk Rodimus.

Attached Files:

9. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

I like it, its not to bad great job!