City Commander Question

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Torque, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Possibly a stupid question, though I just realized-I have no idea what kind of joint they used for CC's head. I always thought it was a balljoint, but then I also vaguely remembered hearing that that wasnt the case and that some up and down movement was the plastic breaking. Now, I'm not sure what it is, and I've started fiddling with my Magnus again but I don't wanna snap his head off. Can anyone tell me how it's held on there?

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    It's mostly a post that slides into a hole in his neck. The top of the post is ball jointed, but it's very tight & any movement can (& has on some) snap the post. I've been lucky with mine & I've moved it gently a bit, but not much, just to test it out. I'd suggest not moving it unless you know how to fix ball joints or the like (I do, hence my reasons for being an idiot). lol

3. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

I've snapped mine. Replaced with a loose ko one.

4. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmm, guess I should be more careful when swapping out face plates and/or heads on my CC. So far it's held out without any issues.

5. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say your fine with swapping head pieces. I've actually put stress marks on mine because of the crazy head tilts I love so much. Just be careful like I learned I had to be and your fine. Its pretty durable if you don't man handle it.

6. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    It's a post and ball joint. Thing is, it's not actually glued into the neck (I don't think. It certainly wasn't on Shadow Commander or any later releases) so it's perfectly safe to take the head off entirely.

It IS a very tight ball, however. Normally, if I'm posing it, I'll pull his head off entirely, and carefully position the post before putting the head back on. Also keep in mind the neck blocks a lot of the angles his neck can achieve (Which you discover quickly when you use my method, because the head won't go back on). A lot of the snapped posts may be people mistaking an actual obstruction for stiffness.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    thats scary