City Commander problems

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by zannus, Feb 17, 2012.

1. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

So I just opened City Commander and attached all the pieces but I am having a couple issues and don't know if I should contact BBTS about it or not.

First issue is is the waist piece will not stay on at all, no matter what I do, it just falls right back off.
    Second, there are several panels that don't secure tightly, specifically the panels on the back of the shoulder armor are floppy, and the piece that are at the back of the heels don't stay tabbed in tight and pop off.
    Third, the big white panel on the front of the right leg doesn't stay locked in as tightly as the left.

I know its a 3rd party item and the original figure wasn't designed with it in mind, but should I contact BBTS about a replacement or are there simple fixes I can do and not bother them?

2. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah dun worry you didn't get a bad set either b'coz I had the same problem too with the first release. That part can be a little tricky. You just have to keep on trying & eventually it'll snap-on in place. (a little extra gentle force but not too hard should do the trick).

Btw that crotch piece should also make click sound when locked in properly. Maybe can try aligning the grooves to match the crotch section?

3. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Yeah - as rizuan76 said, there's a certain knack required to get all those parts on. It takes more force initially than you'd expect. Just be careful and try to figure out where the connections are. Then be firm in pushing them into place.

The parts will SNAP into position when you have them in the correct place.

4. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

A little extra force and it snapped right on, now I just gotta find a way to make the heal pieces stay on tighter and the piece on the back of the shoulder and I'll be all set.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And the heel bits and the tabs at the backs of the shoulders never really snap in place. They shouldn't be super floppy, but they don't clip on or anything.

6. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

The shoulders have nothing, but the heal pieces actually do have a small tab. The left shoulder piece is super floppy, but it isn't that big of a deal and I have an idea how to handle both issues.

7. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i still havent got the waist piece on properly and ive had it since the last batch bbts got in quite a while ago. can somebody post a close of pic of his crotch? :)  so i can see just how/where to force it on there.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No real trick to it. Just push it on. No specific angles or things you need to watch out for, it'll do that work for you.

9. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    On mine, once you align them all correctly nothing is floppy. Even the shoulder pieces click into place. They attach to a screw hole, I think, using friction tabs.

If I had to guess, I'd say you have them too far over? Or that the friction tabs on yours are worn down?