2D Artwork: City-bot Attendants: Down At Maccadam's

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Jackpot, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Jackpot

Jackpot Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

"City-bot Attendants: Down At Maccadam's"

[​IMG]

This goes out to Mike "Quag Prime" Myers, a dear friend who passed away in November 2010. He was one of the most genuinely good-natured and funny people I've ever known, and he got me started selling art at conventions by lending space on his dealer-table. He always loved my work, and I think he'd really get a kick out of this piece.

I figure you folks are savvy enough that I don't need to explain what's happening in the picture, but if you're unsure, check out "city-bot" and "Maccadam's" on the TF Wiki. And of course I'm happy to elaborate if you ask.

Comments/crits?

- Jackpot

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I have no doubt that he'd have loved it.
    Is Slammer chatting up a fembot at the back there? That actually cracked me up. :lol 

I'm sure those Swoop posters have got to be a reference to something, but I have no idea what it could be... :S

3. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

Wow, i love this piece a lot myself. The look of hustlin and bustlin (dont mind the pun), sharing energon drinks, is all just wonderful!

4. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Looks like it's a reference to the old Guinness ads that featured a toucan with a glass of Guiness balanced on his beak.

Nice job! Love the pic.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ^ good catch!

i just like the idea of the tank bots as sentient and scuttling around with ppl going 'watch out with that thing, yer gonna put an optic out!' at their cannon thingies.

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, good thinking, CC! Kind of obvious, now you've mentioned it... *facepalm*

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really like this one..it's nice to see both bots and cons having a "tankard" and a few laughs. Even felt like you had a "smoky" feeling in the bar. Must be Kup and his cigar :lol 

I'm sure your friend would have enjoyed this one too.

KA--:D .. your comment made me think that there should be a "tank hat rack" somewhere in the bar.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wow, that's some slick work. Thanks for also sharing the special nature of your work with us as well :thumb 

9. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    This is awesome! It's got a wonderful atmosphere.

- Alty

10. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i would hang that on the wall in my man cave right next to my bar.

the over all thought process for this, is hillarious and ingenious
    you should be very proud of your talent

11. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I love the painted feel here, and like said elsewhere it really has that smokey bar joint feel to it. Very atmospheric.

12. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any chance of getting this printed up as a poster? It would definately find a place in my home.

13. Jackpot

Jackpot Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

Thank you for saying so. I've had at least one mutual friend agree on that that count, so hopefully the pic is doing his memory some justice.

Pun? I don't get it. But I'm glad you like the pic, and I'm very glad the social energy came through.

Dingdingding! Honestly, that's my favorite part of the whole pic. Props to Jim Sorenson for his "Decepticon Graffiti"-based font.

Hee hee, that's awesome! And it's totally in the spirit of this scene. I think Maccadam's has great potential as a setting for that kind of comedic playfulness.

Thank you! Believe me, I'm very grateful that I have the means to express my ideas this way. The real challenge for me is to keep my visuals and concepts interesting in this day and age of G1-nostalgia overload. Modern TF comics are packed with obscure characters and awesome art. But I'm glad I can still make stuff that people find unique value in.

Thanks! I've been exploring the painted look for a little while now, and I do like the results. It's part of keeping fresh and ahead of the game (though I'm starting to see more stuff like the painterly covers on the "Prime" comics that just came out, so it won't be special forever).

There is a chance, yes. I've gotten some really nice results with giclée prints of other TF pieces, so that notion is always in the back of my head. It's all about whether there's enough demand to make a print-run worth it. Your interest is officially noted - anyone else?

- Jackpot