Cincinnati tourist attractions

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by cobra zartan, Apr 8, 2008.

1. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Like the topic states I am looking for tourist things to do as I will have a few days before and after the con, this is my girlfriends first time outta canada so Id like to go out and do things besides horde plastic crack. Currently we plan on hitting up the zoo and the newport aquarium but other than that is there anything cool we can check out.

2. Saralady

Saralady Member

That depends - how far are you willing to venture away from the hotel? Honestly, there isn't much to do in southwestern Ohio, and the Zoo and Aquarium are probably the biggest things.

If you're willing to drive about 30 minutes north into Fairfield, you can go to Jungle Jim's, which is a large supermarket that specializes in exotic foods. They have animatronic animals that sing, a sushi bar, and an owner who rollerblades around wearing a wizard hat and robe. It's quiet on weekdays, but tends to get packed on weekends. I always take out of town friends to see it.
    http://www.junglejims.com/

The Cincinnati Art Museum is nice
    http://www.cincinnatiartmuseum.org/

I haven't been to it, but the Krohn Conservatory might be an enjoyable venture (if you're not sensitive to pollen)
    http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/cityparks/pages/-3452-/

Other than that, you could look into a baseball game (if they're having one) or hit up the Creation Museum for either a deep, spiritual connection, or for laughs, depending
    http://www.creationmuseum.org/

Lots of people are big on the Cincinnati chili (Skyline is the preferred brand) and Graeter's icecream, but you should be able to find those food places relatively easily, and I'm not sure they count as something to do.

3. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info saralady the zoo and aquarium are a must and shes found some stores that she would like to check out.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd go to a Reds game if they were in town. But I'd not going to BotCon this year. :( 

5. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You also?

Goddam, there's a lot of people with grown-up stuff this year.

7. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Ok, so with what saralady said it looks like I'll just be getting drunk everynight at the local bar.

8. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    Cincinnati also boasts a Planetarium, an Observatory (different than the Planetarium), the Underground Railroad Museum, Fountain Square, and the US Air Force Base just north in Dayton.

There's even more places but I doubt you'll have time to get to all of them. Even living here, it's hard to do it all!

Recommend finding one of us that lives here for restaurants. You don't have to be stuck with the BotCon food or the places immediately surrounding it.

Anyone up for Cheesecake Factory followed by TRU afterwards?