Minor/Repaint: CHUG Nightracer (Or: Why Jackpot, Rad, and Brawl aren't finished yet)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by glaug, Jul 3, 2012.

1. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

I have to confess, I'm one of those people who sometimes just can't let an idea go once I've had it, until I get it into plastic. So when I got a RiD Prowl for $1 from someone, I took a look at it, and realised it';d make a decent femmebot chassis... A quick bit of poking later, and:

[​IMG]

It's not obvious, but she's meant to be a CHUG version of Nightracer. Why blue? Because she was meant to be blue/black, but was apparently stuck with G2 Soundwave coloured innards. I'll throw some horrific neon yellow highlights though. The black will be painted, mostly onto the car exterior, and select bits of the 'bot mode.

The design, especially with the blue, was entirely unconsciously influenced a lot by someone some of you might know as Acer, an artist who basically influenced my thoughts on TF designs and art since I first saw her stuff. It looks a hell of a lot like a particular character she drew belonging to someone we used to RP with, even.

The chest needs to be rebuild. Not sure how yet, but probably kibble to look a bit like the chest of the original Nightracer... Oh, and the head's recast from my Botcon Roulette. Seemed appropriate, really. Hate the huge lips though...

[​IMG]

She transforms! The only minor problem is that the shoulder joints tend to pop out a lot during the process, but I can't do much about that.

Also, her arms are poseable as all hell.

[​IMG]

More Femmebot distractions. With more of those damned shoulders. Curse you, Acer!

Attached Files:

2. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

So, Jackpot's being stripped because of the decal debacle, but I had to do SOMETHING so I put the black coat on the car mode of Nightracer today. Unfortunately, due to changing how the shoulders attach, her car mode's not fitting together quite as it should, so I need to revise this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I need to take better robot mode pics once it's light tomorrow, really. But besides final paint details, and fixing the shoulders one way or another, she's nearly done...