Minor/Repaint: CHUG Brawn WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by glaug, Jun 11, 2012.

1. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Nothing as fancy as Jackpot here, just a new head and new ankles for the Movie Brawn... probably. Zero Kaiser (that pesky house of ideas) suggested I could shorten the arms to make him look like a stocky 'bot rather than freakish Bayformers monkey, and the more I look at it, the more I want to. I will probably end up using Lego technic parts to just mount a new pair of feet to him instead of the freakishly skinny lower legs he had before, and get some new feet from somewhere. Hopefully, a nice small job, once I have the parts to hand!

[​IMG]

Head is an epoxy cast from WFC Cliffjumper, with the horns filed off and the bottom sanded round to fit into the neck cavity better.

EDIT: Most recent update!

[​IMG]

What do people think of the eyes/head? Added a tiny bit of silver to the feet to break them up, too. Nearly finished...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Very nice!

3. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

That's some hotness right there. I like the arms as they are tho'. They really look hefty/durable/strong and work with his torso. Can't wait to see the head painted.

Also: Chap Mei/Tru Heroes are a great place for cheap weapons. I have three baggies full of 'em. That shottie is wicked.

4. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Thanks! I will probably see how various arms look... but that can wait until I fit the new feet, to see how the overall proportions are. Also, sadly I can't find the figs I got that shotgun (and a pair of awesome gatlings) from in stores anymore.

5. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    yeah, he definitely needs some beefy feet

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Coming along! :D 

7. Shepard Prime

Walmart's your friend if you have one near you. They sell those figs all the time. Barring that, Toys R Us also has them. They're cheaper at Walmart tho'. Big Lot's used to carry them but not anymore.

8. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Ah, I'm in the UK, and neither my nearest ASDA (Wal-Mart owned chain) nor TRU has them, alas :( 

9. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Okay, nice big update here. I found some Gundam parts (Ankles from the 1/100 Non-graded Destiny Gundam) which fit neatly into the sockets of the Alternators Windcharger mould's feet. A bit of sawing for clearance, and Brawn's got some funky new shoes. :D 

[​IMG]

Size Comparison shot with Jackpot, and a proper Classics Ironhide

[​IMG]
    Just needs some paint now. :) 

Attached Files:

10. Shepard Prime

That's hottt! I love seeing a custom that so thoughoughly represents the character.

11. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Awesome, dig the new feet!

12. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Added some paint to the head, and while the general tones are there, I hate it and will repaint the darkey grey later, before moving on to the eyes. But otherwise he's basically done, I'm fine with black feet and grey ankles.

[​IMG]

Means I can move onto these other guys... Who, to be honest, also only need paint. And maybe their own threads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

So, I'm still waiting on replacement decals for Jackpot. On the other hand, I've just unearthed all my paints from storage. You can see where this is going...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I gave the head a quick coat of Citadel's Boltgun Metal (which no longer exists, of course) and painted the eyes, gave them a dark blue wash, then painted the detail back up again. The face had already had a coat of Testors Chrome Silver (or Silver Chrome. I have both, but always get them mixed up).

Of course, any Autobot can stand on a pair of Decepticons... but not many can lift them.

[​IMG]
    No photoshop, no glue, no blue-tack, etc. Just careful posing, and some nail polish to stiffen the pathetic hip joints this mould has. :D 

Last bit of detail will be finishing off the "battle damage" in the helmet bit of the head that was totally intentional, honest. And maybe putting a spot of paint on those feet.

Attached Files:

14. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just a quick update. What do people think of the eyes/head? Added a tiny bit of silver to the feet to break them up, too. Nearly finished...

15. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

Just sad you cant do anything with all that back kibble. I was really disappointed at the transformation for this guy. The head looks amazing and the mods are not in question. Im saying that you polished a turd for about as much as you could have. That mold is a real POS!

16. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

You know, I'd honestly considered it, but it would be way too much work when I'm pretty happy with how he is now. Plus, part of my goal going into this was to make a custom where you could switch the parts out for the old ones and it'd be good as new. :)