Chuck

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Switch625, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Does anybody watch this show? I finally got caught up on it and I really enjoy it. It's like Alias or James Bond but with a geek as the lead and has been added to my "do not miss" list.

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. The reality of Chuck's situation hit him hard tonight, with the real possibility of harm coming to his sister, Ellie, and his kinda fake, but wishes it were real, relationship with Sarah.

And next week's big reveal? I'm betting on Bryce still being alive.

2. Brawl

Brawl Master of Destruction

I too have been enjoying this show since it started. But be prepared, from what I read it's not doing well in ratings. So it could possibly be cancelled. But who knows with the writers' strike going on.

3. Switch625

After dealing with the premature cancellations of shows like Firefly and Drive, I fully expect any new show I actually like to get canned.

4. GuppyMN

GuppyMN Evil little fish

Yeah I love this show. But I'm sure it's going to be cancelled.

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I love the show. Ive been watching it a lot now, since Prison Break has gone down the shitter.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Chuck and Heroes make Mondays the best TV night of the week for me. Chuck really is funny, though I kinda feel bad for Sarah now.:( 

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hot chick with incredible legs > womanizing british cad > geek

8. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Ive been watching it from the beginning as well. It's a solid show.

9. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Man, I wish I started watching this show from the begining.

10. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

The show has definitely gotten better since the first episode, but I too have that 'its gonna get canned cause I like it' feeling.

And Chuck has one of the best opening title sequences in quite some time.

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I think what really is going to hurt this show, although I'm hoping not, is the writers strike. Once it affects them, they will be essentially off the air and by the time the strike is over, which I am guessing will not be within this year, people would have forgotten it. Again, really hoping not though.

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If anything, it will stay on the air in reruns, because they'll be nothing new to replace it.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I quite like the show, personally. It' easily one of the best new shows this season (the only one I'm liking more is Pushing Daisies). Chuck has some really good characters and interesting plots, and it's drawing me in more and more each week. The only real problem I have with it is that I just don't give a rat's ass about Morgan, and every time we cut to some extended subplot about him it feels like the show is really dragging.

It seems like the show is doing pretty well, and NBC is really pushing it, so I can easily see it surviving the writers strike (unlike, say, Journeyman or Bionic Woman).

14. smkspy

I have to agree on Morgan dragging the show. It'd have been better if they focus on the whole nerd herd including Morgan rather than just Morgan.

15. Switch625

I completely agree. It didn't have that opening for the first few episodes and when they showed it the first time, it immediately caught my attention.

I know you mean. I just hope he doesn't find out Chuck's secret or gets brought onto the team somehow. That's the only thing I can see them doing with that character and I don't like it. Well, I guess they could kill him off to give Chuck some added character development. That wouldn't be too bad.

16. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Definitely digging Chuck. NBC's current Monday night has me hooked for all 3 hours.
    It's great visually, but I don't understand using "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" as the theme song.
    Really? I think he's hysterical.
    Yep. Daisies has my vote as top newbie, too. Journeyman edges out Chuck for my #2, though.
    Yeah. Man, Fox just totally hosed both of those shows. (Firefly has my vote as Best Show Ever Made.) How many episodes of Drive did they even air -- 3? 4? I really liked it, too.

Hrm. So which is it? According to a brief search, it seems to be consistently increasing its rating over the last few weeks. (Journeyman's going the other direction, though. :( )

Yeah, but Chuck has TWO hot chicks, so it should be at the top of your list. :p 

What's with all the "Chuck"s this year, though? Good Luck Chuck, Chuck, and the undead girl on Daisies. It's a chuckspiracy, I tells ya.

17. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    QFT --- I watch this show as a warm up to Heroes. Its funny at times and the blonde chick is easy on the eyes ....

Also it has Adam Baldwin and he is just a badass ever since Firefly.

"Jayne's a Girl's name."

18. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Damn - forgot to watch last night. They repeat it on Saturday nights, thankfully.

19. smkspy

I like it cause the song kind of sums up Chuck and his being a hopeless romantic plus its just a great song. The Secret Agent girl is his 'Short skirt, Long Jacket'. Though the theme would've been even better if they included the lyrics.

I think Firefly's horrible opening credits was one of the main reasons people didn't watch the show. They heard this deary song, and thought 'Nah not gonna watch this'.

20. Switch625

I don't know, I rather like Firefly's credits and the theme song. I blame it on the suits at Fox. Flat out awful time slot + corporate interference on creative decisions + episodes airing out of order = confused and uninterested audience. But that's an old, overly beaten, dead horse.

Let's just try hard to keep that from happening to Chuck!