Chuck Norris = Little Bitch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PopCulturePooka, Dec 22, 2007.

1. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I'm also sure Bruce Lee asked him to be in his movie because the guy fucking sucked balls and wanted everyone to know.

ROLLEYES ARE GO.

The internet really is dumb sometimes.

2. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I'd say that is one hell of an acknowledgment for someone who supposedly never acknowledged his master.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm not a Chuck Norris fan, but you probably won't be able to win your argument because your position is inaccurate.
    Word.

4. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    QF-MF'n-T!

5. Malaktha

Malaktha Active Member

i think EVERYONE would. all the people in this thread saying he's whiny and etc would do the EXACT same thing. no one wants to allow other to get rich off of their name, and if the way makes them look bad - in some ways, even worse.

he has every right to sue.

As for the 'better martial artists thing' OF COURSE there are others better than him, I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to be the best in the world - undisputed. on that note though there HAVE to be contemporaries of his that are jealous of his success, it happens. whether he is good or not doesn't matter people WILL be jealous that he's done something or offended at what he has done.; different people treat martial arts differently for some it's near a religion, for others it's just exercise, for others it's a way to toughen up, aqnd so on.

6. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'd sue too.

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm actually thinking that Mr. Norris might lose this case. IANAL, but this is likely covered under parody. Books that mock celebrities and public figures come out all the time.

8. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Aren't Chuck Norris jokes like so 4 years ago anyway? All this old stuff is surfacing as hilarious and new. My parents now say "epic fail". That about shows that the internet is now mainstream. :lol 

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    You would?

Dammit...and I JUST sold my publisher on the idea of a "The Truth About Kickback: 400 Facts About a TFW Admin" book....

Dammit.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    You know. I'd sue too.

And on this whole 'Chuck sucks' thing. Seriously, no. He's good... very good. His acting may be overrated, but his martial arts knowledge is very very good. Speaking as someone who's been studying sense they were 12 (I'm 26 now) the guy is a legend in the field... the people whom I encountered who do talk bad about him are usually those who don't like his acting and can't disassociate the two things or have some misplaced hatred for him for whatever reason. Also, six championships is pretty stellar for any martial artist. He certainly has my respect.

Oh, Squirrelcar, just a little insight into how the tournaments work: you're judged mainly on technical fighting as you have certain places where you can attack and score points (usually the upper torso) and hitting in certain areas (as well as the use of certain moves) is strictly prohibited. So, Chuck winning six championships means that he's a great technical combatant.

11. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Let's see:

1. Someone is using His name to make money off if his fame and notoriety.

2. This person who is making said money is publishing 'internet me-me's' as his own.

3. Many of the 'jokes' really are in poor taste, while some are flattering and funny, many are racist ignorant and derogatory against people.

I don't have a problem with him suing. If the publisher did his homework and covered his legal ass then he will be fine. If he was just some douche trying to make a buck off a successful internet joke, then F-him.

12. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

The Chuck facts in the book are nothing new and have all been on the internet for quite a while. Chuck also doesn't really care about the Chuck Facts, he has made his OWN Chuck Facts that are un-true, as well as chosen his favorite ones.

But this writer IS making profit without Chuck's okay. Not to mention, he's just taken all the Chuck facts off the internet, I doubt any are actually his.

13. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Which, if anyone can prove that they wrote any of the jokes, also leaves the publishers open for claims of plagiarism (which they ARE doing anyway).

--Moony

14. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Well, joking aside, Bruce Lee asked Chuck Norris to be in his movie because

1) Chuck was already popular among karate circles at the time, and
    2) Bruce Lee was nowhere as popular at the time as he was after his death, so he often wanted western actors in his movies to ease non-Asian viewers into his films.

Hell, George frikkin' Lazenby was gonna be in Game of Death! Besides, someone in this thread said Chuck was badass by merely being associated with Lee, that'd make Steve McQueen and David Carradine even more badass because they were trained by him.

15. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you guys ever seen an interview with him and his wife? They are AAA-class Jesus Commandos, of course he doesn't think its funny.

16. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Last time I checked, having a religion and actually liking it wasn't a crime.

Being a 'jesus commando' doesn't have any berring on this case or his legal rights really.

17. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

[​IMG]

STFU Chuck!