Chrono Trigger DS UPDATE!!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Cloud Strife, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i came home today and my new issue of Nintendo Power was in the mailbox. on the cover was a headline reading, "Chrono Trigger Returns to DS." inside was a verry small write up with some information.

awesome!!! a new dungeon and wireless play!!!!!! i soo can't wait for this!

2. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Will this game be some sort of port with a few upgrade or a full fledged remake like Final Fantasy 3 and 4?

Either way, I might pick this game up, it was pretty fun when I played it :)  I hope the ultra-boring art style of Mr. Toriyama don't drag me off the game, I can't stand his style now, ugh.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Square said that in the original announcement though.

4. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

it's an enhanced port like ff6 advance. same graphics with some new additions.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

:bay 

6. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i must have missed that........my bad

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    A new dungeon? WOOOO? Doesn't excite me much. I'll get it, because I love Chrono Trigger, but that's just so I can play my old school games in modern portable technology.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, I'll buy it to show SquareEnix my support and show them the Chrono series is still interesting to their audience, but I doubt I will play it. I just played through it again on the SNES, mostly thanks to hearing about this rerelease, and I don't really feel the need to play it on the go or on a small screen. I played through FF6's rerelease for the GBA, and while I appreciate new content, I wasn't fond of the added dungeons since they had no real story attached to them and were just reused graphics besides what you earn from them. I didn't play through Chrono Trigger or any of the FF's because it's fun to grind in difficult dungeons.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll buy it to take CC on the go, but honestly, it's been so long that unless it was pointed at with HUGE arrows, I wouldn't even notice the new dungeon.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, the entrance to the added FF6 dungeon was pretty rediculously hidden. If you want to play the extra dungeons they add you generally have to do some searching. Also, like I said, there isn't really story, and it will most likely be really difficult. The reward for the FF6 dungeons were new summon spells. I must admit I am curious what they would add for incentive to Chrono Trigger being as they have no summons.