Chronicle

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by fabexmax, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I thought this just looked dumb and likely a lame cash in on the whole superhero trend. But apparently it's got a fresh rating on RT right now.

I guess it turned out better then my first impressions.

2. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

I went in with relatively low expectations, but hot damn it was bloody amazing. No words can truly describe how incredible it was, you just have to see it for yourself.

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got back from seeing it. Well worth the price of admission. The cam footage angles towards the end were stretching my believeability quotient, but it didn't affect my enjoyment of the film.

4. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Best super powers movie in a long, long time.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought it was pretty good. Had some pacing issues, a couple things that fell flat, a couple of things that didn't quite fit right together, characters who were a bit simplistic at times, etc. But at the same time, they drew from some really unique ideas/viewpoints, had some really great sequences, and some scenes that really "worked".

Whether in or out of theatres, I'd say it's worth seeing if the concept appeals to you.

6. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

just saw chronicle, or as i will now call it "as close as i need to get to a live action akira movie". i loved it!

7. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I resurrect this thread in the name of Blu-Ray.

I enjoyed this film enough in theaters that I knew I would get the Blu release. Well I picked it up on Sunday as this is now Monday and my feelings have not changed about the movie itself. The Blu release however leaves a little to be desired. Picture and audio are great. Extras are so lacking that you could mistake this for a movie only release. There is only one deleted scene, some CG animatics and a few test scenes with stand in actors. I was expecting a commentary track and perhaps a making of, but there was none.

It does contain the Directors Cut of the film which adds 5-6 minutes of additional footage. This footage is nice and adds to the over all feel of the movie. However if you only get the theatrical version you will not miss anything major.

If you are a fan get the Directors cut you will be pleased with the additions. If you are on the fence or thought is was ok the standard release or netflix is your friend.

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits: