Customs: Chroming Powermaster Engines

Discussion in 'Requests' started by AutoCon2076, Apr 21, 2010.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Heyah. Just as the title implies, I'd like to find someone who can professionally chrome some Powermaster/Godmaster engines for me. The engines in question are those belonging to Mega and Buster. Mega is notorious for shoddy chrome; and Buster is really a Hi-Test figure that's going to get repainted. Though I find myself unable to chrome pieces, so I need some help on his engine piece.

Anyone down?

~Z

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hi there. There is a company called Chrome-Tech USA that specializes in chrome plating and gold plating model car parts. I'm sure they can do Transformer parts as well. I was going to have them do Scorponok's leg shields but decided to just paint them silver as they were the only chromed bits on him.
    Here's a link to their site.
    Chrome tech usa, Chrome plating service, vacuum metallizing, for plastic on model cars, toys and automotive interior dash pannels.
    They specialize in chrome, but can do gold as well at a higher fee.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they do specialize in chrome, but they are very very expensive. I had parts chromed by one person before, and I went to have the same parts from another figure chromed by this guy and he want to charge over 2x what I payed for through the other person. I don't know the quality of his work. I don't know how he does it. I do know he puts a protective clear coat over the chrome. Just a for warning is all. He seems like a very nice person to do business with, I just simply can not afford to spend that much on the parts at this point.