Chromia?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideways77, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Was it ever confirmed what happened to Chromia, one of the biker sisters? She's shown survivng being blown up by Bonecrusher, and was never seen again.

So is she still alive? Or is Bay being a jerk?

2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She's dead. Let's just assume everybody who does not return for the sequel is dead.

(Also, don't treat comics as canon, but don't tell people I said that, they will beat me like a human piƱata! :p )

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Actually, there was no character named Chromia in the movies. All 3 bikes are the character Arcee.

4. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

THIS

(but unless you read the comics, but I dont consider those cannon)

5. Digilaut

News Credits:
    This is also true.

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    You're technically right on the first point, incorrect on the second.

There was no character NAMED Chromia, at least not verbally. And while early on Arcee was supposed to be a hive mind in three bodies, they do not go into enough detail in the film itself to properly define the bikes' relationships. In the comics written by John Barber, however, he made it very clear that they were three separate sisters forced into a united mind and similar bodies.

If you want another example of this three-in-one being, a "trinity", if you will. Then look no further than to an old religion: the Celtic goddess Brigid.

7. Digilaut

News Credits:
    In the movie the bikes are named as one entity: 'Arcee', and I believe she was designed as being 'three as one'. It was only after Hasbro had to sell different bike toys that they were given different names, and they were given the same for the comics. But the way I see it, the comics, as cool as some of them are (really, some are!), are just trying to retcon whatever comics accompanied the previous movie, because the next one just made sure they don't fit anymore :lol 

Of course, thats always the problem with comics accompanying movies. Nobody knows what the sequel will be like, so it's mostly cleaning up previous work.

8. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Again, there was absolutely nothing indicating that all three were Arcee directly. I've been under the impression that when Lennox called out to Arcee, he was talking to Arcee, the pink one, as she was the designated leader of her sisters. I don't believe there was any other mentioning of Arcee's name in the movie after Shanghai, so their relationship was left pretty ambiguous at best. Again, we know they were thought up as a three-in-one early on, but it had been said that Bay decided to drop that, then everything about then just stayed mucky.

9. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I personaly go with the toys and comics. I think of the sisters as individuals, not three bodies for one mind. Can't a few Transformers combine but still remain individuals?

To me, that's a terrible idea.

10. Digilaut

News Credits:
    No, the combining aspect was dropped, but not the idea that it was one robot with three bodies.

But to be fair, what you said, how Arcee is the leader of the trio, could work just as good. My stance is though, when I have to pick between what the creators of the movie intended, and what the comics say, I always pick the movie...and I just happend to know Arcee is intended to be one. :) 

Of course, I have no problem with people liking it a different way, and for simplicity I also refer to the others as Chromia and Elita-1. :) 

11. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Guys does it matter? We need a more descriptive title than "Blue Arcee" so let's just refer to the blue one as Chromia, Pink as Arcee, and the last one can be Elita-1.

As for the thread no, I don't believe she survived. Anyone who doesn't show up in the next movie should be presumed dead.

12. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Arcemia(Acree + Chromia) is dead.

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Actually, if you go by the logic that all 3 bikes are the character Arcee, then the movie goes into the exact detail needed to properly define the bikes' relationship.

14. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

According to the writers, dead as a doorknob, according to the Comic Books, still kickin'.

According to me? Dead, buried and better that way.

15. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    What? No it doesn't.

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    She and arcee are alive as shown in rising storm, but we never know what happened to them in the comci but assumnig dotm takes place 2 years after rising storm then possibly they died in the 2 years gap

17. Archaea

Archaea Autobot Archeaologist

According to the Hasbro site. Arcee is alive as a single entity, while Chromia and Elita are dead. The site also lists Jazz as offline, so I believe them.. and they are canon.

18. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's the thing about movies, being as they are a visual and auditory medium: if you don't see it, and you didn't hear it, and it's not directly inferred, then it didn't happen. If it was in the script, if it was in the producers' head, but it didn't make it to the screen, then it didn't happen. Regardless of authorial intent, Chromia/Arcee was last seen alive and there's no reason to belief she still isn't. Nine Autobots were mentioned specifically in the third film, yes, but even then the dialogue did not match what we were seeing, which was eleven Autobots. Arcee/Chromia is simply in limbo, just like Barricade was up until DOTM.

We can only speculate academically about where the missing four Autobots are, and 'dead' is only one of many possibilities, of which we can also include:

- Missing

- Off-planet (we only saw the transport that brought the second wave of Autobots. It is unknown how the third wave got there, and the first flew themselves)

- Or merely forgotten, which I emphasize as the most likely, as these movies are as famous for massive plot holes as they are for misogyny and giant robot testicles.

My recommendation for this quandary is the same recommendation that I give every time a discussion like this pops up and people start to quibble over minutiae: fucking stop it. These are not well-written films. The fans have more invested in them than the people who made them. I enjoyed the films fine, but I'm not ******ed and I don't expect them to hang together like fucking clockwork. One was a nervous, half-realized clusterfuck, two didn't have a script, and three was an hour of ass-shots and lead-up to a massive brawl. You guys seriously pore over these films like it's your fucking Bible studies, looking for secret meanings and hidden parables and puzzles to unlock in something that has no sense of order or reality. ROTF isn't a complex problem that needs to be solved, it's a messy film three years in the can that cannot be cleaned up or modified on a message board, no matter how many times we retread the same debates or what concensus we arrive at. Jesus. The robot vanished. They fucking forgot about her and the blue guy and the Twins got cut because Michael Bay is sick of you all sending death threats to his Twitter. That's all there is.

19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Fixed that for ya!

20. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Arcee said "we're locked and loaded", not "I'm locked and loaded". Also, Chromia and Arcee were last seen alive, but who knows...