Minor/Repaint: Chromia touch up.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by brolyberto, Jul 30, 2009.

1. brolyberto

brolyberto Target Master

Ebay:
    Well this is my first custom job I did for one of my favorite ROTF figures. I took her apart and Painted in soma the details and what not. I used testors enamel paint which worked pretty good for the most part. I was pretty happy with the outcome of Chromia but i wasn't so happy after i did a clear coat on her with a spraycan clear coat which made her feel kinda stiff and also made the handle bars I detailed very sticky which i kinda knew would happen but thats why pencils have erasers so we can learn from our mistakes I think next time I wont be clear coating it. Also you'll notice there are some smudges on her blue plastic and what not and those are from the sticky paint handlebars i mentioned. Well let me know what you fellow Radicons think.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice!

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    First of all, welcome Radicon! I certainly hope we see more from you!

I think your first custom looks really good! I hope that you learned a lot from the process and inspired enough to keep going. Be sure to check out our extensive tutorials section as well as pick the minds of others here.

Something I found myself thinking is that the "smudges" sorta look like metal scuffs, so don't fret about that too much. The good thing is that these molds are currently readily available, so if you feel so inclined and motivated you can get another and give it another go.

Keep up the good work :thumb 

4. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Welcome to the Radicons. :) 

I agree with SQ7 - the paint smudges and whatnot look like weathering so it goes with the movie aesthetic anyway. You could use a light tent setup to take better pics but from what I can see it looks great for a first custom. :)  I love how the color scheme plays out, how you left on some black areas and added accents, instead of just drybrushing everything silver like most beginners like to do.

All in all, great job. I hope to see more from you.

5. BaronVonSolace

BaronVonSolace Well-Known Member

i got to play with this thing in person, and the pictures really don't do it any justice, it looks really good once you get it in hands

6. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I love it when gold touches are applied to a figure, it really makes the mold details stand out. Almost makes her look like Animated Prowls counterpart.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I know I'd like to see moar! :)