Christmas toys runs....the best and worst of times!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by *Deathblade, Nov 24, 2007.

1. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

How do you guys feel about holiday toys runs?

I USED to love the holidays and holiday toy runs, it was cool just going to TRU and such to just browse the toy sections...of course then I lived in a smaller city. Now I HATE going on toy runs during the holidays, and with the popularity of the movie, the already cramped aisles are constantly littered with shopping carts and slack jawed soccer moms and grandparents. It is INFURIATING!!!!!

On one hand I do still enjoy looking at all the new toys, even things I dont collect...and usually stores restock more frequently then normal. I like feeling like a big kid looking at Christmas stuff and all the festive decorations. I remember even back before I started collecting again just going into TRU and reading file cards for beast wars figs....

I however HATE:

1. Slow walking people who walk side by side and take up the WHOLE damn walkway! MOVE OUTTA DA WAY!!! That guy in front of you is moving briskly and looks shady, so he MUST be a SCALPER!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. People who have their kids in Walmart at 2:00 AM in the morning!!! Also people with their school age kids at WM at 11:00 AM on a weekday (..uhh NO these people aren't home schooling)

3. People who bring their kids to the toys aisle KNOWING they arent going to buy them anything, and that their kid is going to cry their ass off when they dont.

4. Sick people--STAY your coughy, sneezy, snotty behind home..instead of spreading your germs all over the store, and that goes double for your sick ass kids too! At least 20 of the 50 or so people crammed around the boys toys section in TRU were sick...phelm and germs ALL OVER the place!

5. People who park their EMPTY shopping cart(s) in the middile of the aisle and expect me to manuever around it, while they take their sweet time to decide what they want.

6. Whiny spoiled children! PLEASE take that child ouside and do whatever you need to do to make them be quiet...as opposed to sitting there while they cry at the top of their lungs for 20 minutes straight! (I have even had to deal with this kinda crap in R Rated movies at 10:00 pm...wtf?!!)

All of those things happen during the year, but they are X 10 during the holidays....While the more plentiful availability of toys is nice, the hassles are really starting to wear on me as I get older....how do you guys feel about Christmas season toy runs?

2. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I went to Black Friday at TRU, and it was a seriously traumatizing experience. LOL. Not really, but jeez. Talk about a showcase of the worst human behavior imaginable. The TF section was packed with people, grabbing at anything they possibly could. I was shoved pretty hard a couple times, and I wasn't the only person rammed by a shopping cart, either.

Having once worked at Walmart, that whole "parading your kid through the toy department, and then denying them everything, making them cry" was constant. Even before the holidays. I can understand taking them through and seeing what they want for Christmas, but jeez.

So yeah, it was my first Black Friday, but perhaps I'll try again next year for a better experience. I swear my TRU had like 5 Zunes and 2 of those 1/2 off Primes.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I completly agree with everything you say there, I would just like to add one thing:

People. On cell phones. Talking to there kids...

... their two year old kids. Asking them what they want. You know how I know? Example:

When they have to remind there kids to use their big words. (not sarcasm)

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I solve this problem with ebay. This way, the only morons I have to deal with are the neighbors. And the mail box is only 25 feet away.

5. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Yes I hate children in the TOY aisle too. How dare they

6. Deceptikitty

Little punks. Using their "imagination" and not getting a job. Playing won't put food on the table. Who cares about "development"? I say we get rid of Child Labor Laws and put America's youth to work.

USA! USA! USA!

7. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was a lady in near me in a TRU yelling at her kids on her cell phone. I don't even have a phone, but I walked up behind her, held my hand up by my ear in the phone gesture, and loudly proclaimed, "WHAT? WHAT? NO, I DON'T HAVE A CELL PHONE! WHAT? NO, I'M JUST YELLING INTO MY HAND SO THE WHOLE STORE HEARS ME!" She gave me a dirty look, but two other shoppers applauded.

8. Deceptikitty

Good for you. People are ridiculous with their phones. NO, you're not important, get over it. I really love it when someone is on the phone while they're having their items checked out. It shows SO much respect for the cashier.

9. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    It seems the art of walk in knowing what you want, quickly grab it and then move to the cashier without stopping for procrastination or eye contact (or breathing) is rapidly dying... shame about that.

10. Deceptikitty

Yeah, I hate having to deal with people. Talk about a drag, amirite?

11. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have any bad toy run stories but, I deal with the first one all to much in school. I hate it when people just sit there or walk so fucking slow (around 6 feet per minute) It bugs tha hell outa me. I mean I wouldent mind if there was enough room to walk around them, But NO! there has to be MORE dumbass kids just sitting there loking into the celing. That is all:ev: 

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Tony FTW! I am SO doing that next time someone is being inconsiderate because they're on their cell phone.

13. Deceptikitty

Or when they decide to stop in the middle of a hall or somewhere narrow, resulting in a traffic jam behind them... you included. Is it that hard to move to the side when you need to talk?

Same goes with driving. No need to slam on your brakes to gawk at the accident/traffic stop, folks...

14. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ughh whats even worse is when someone is behind you and they yell at you for not moving when you can't move "You can't move when someone is blocking your way"

15. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:

I would like to take issue with some of this (And I'm assuming that you do not have children) There are times when children cry just to cry. As a parent of a 16 mo. old, i'm not going to put my life on hold every time my daughter wants to throw a fit. If I did I would never get anything accomplished. kids cry, it's what kids do. To be honest I think you should try to take a step back and remember what the holidays are all about. Some day you may be on the recieving end of someone elses impatience and lack of understanding. If it were not for those children there might not be toys at all.

16. Deceptikitty

Happened to me on Black Friday at TRU.

My brother and I are trying to leave the store, but a huge line of customers is in front of us and blocking the closest aisles. Some lady has the gall to RAM her cart into us as we're trying to find a way out of it all. It wasn't an accident, either. She kept nudging us with it and finally went BAM. I got evil with her and told her that we were trying to leave, too.

Someone also grabbed me inappropriately trying to get through a crowd. I was a little shocked and violated. Personal bubble, people. I don't grope you, and you don't grope me. Or hit me with your cart.

17. lita 1

lita 1 Records Keeper

Ebay:
    Can you beleve the audasity of parents taking ther childern in to a childerns toy store. A child throwing a fit and crying. How outlandish is that. May be we should take them all out behind the barn and hog-tie them and beet the crap out of them. That will teact those childern and thost damn parents for ruining your day.

P.S. If you dont like it stay home. that is life and it's not fair.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

18. *Deathblade

Uhh YEAH I do have a kid, and granted children cry just to cry, but some children are just spoiled rotten whiny brats in need of discipline. There is a difference between a child crying because they are hungry, sick or tired or sleepy or whatever, and a child crying and acting a stone cold ass because they can.

If your child (age 2+) is in the store WAILING just because they cant have their way...then you need take them outside or in the bathroom and handle it...PERIOD
    Be that giving them a time out or spanking or stern talking to, or whatever you consider to be discpline.

Also, If you KNOW your child is a child that is going to WANT everything in the toy aisle and act a fool if they dont get it, and you KNOW you arent going to buy them anything, why not cut the problem off at the head and not bring them there (this doesn't apply to people trying to get a feel for Christmas/Birthdays..etc)

You have said your not going to put YOUR life on hold, so its cool when your kid throws a fit and is screaming at the top of her lungs and EVERYBODY else in the general area and 4 aisles over just has to deal huh? guess that attitude is why me and the wife had to put up with a two year old crying at a 11 PM showing of RESIDENT EVIL of all things.

But its not really small children that I am talking about...its toddler age (2+) that I referring to

19. *Deathblade

Seems you dont like what I had to say, apparently I touched a nerve...sometimes people say things in threads you arent going to like...how DARE me express my thoughts and you not like them, but your acidic and borderline trollish post really made me put things into perspective.

PS. If you don't like what I had to day, put me on your ignore list, and also make sure to make a post about it, letting me and everyone else know how cool you are and how bad I am for making your "list"

HAPPY HOLIDAYS :wink: 

20. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Deathblade is on my list... of people who I usually see eye to eye with :)