Christmas n' Scalpers...no break for the holidays.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Otispq, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Well I made a mistake in going to TRU today after work. Thought I might find some of the gifts I'm looking for or others who I'm helping. Holy smokes the crowds were almost out the door.

I was talking to boardmember iheartarcee and he had been there last night and told me they had some robot replicas two packs, which I was sorta looking for, more than ten last night. well none that I saw today. But the pegs of deluxes were full and all along the shelf were deluxes. They even had 5-6 cases of them on top of the display unit. The cases were open on the front and you could see the pack-out. Well wouldn't you know it but one toy was missing from each case. Same as the toy that with tons of them on the pegs could not be found. Give you one clue. He's yellow and black.

I know that CC Bumblebee is a must have, but this is insane. Now talking to iheartarcee, he said they didn't have any deluxes last night. Sounds like an inside job, says iheartarcee and I agree. As I was checking out the checker is talking to a coworker and I overhear that some brand new guy worked the stocking crew and was supposed to be there til noon, but left around 8 am and never came back, and now how is he supposed to go on his lunch break...sounds to me like this low life employee most likely snagged every last BB in the store and now is holding them ransom on ebay. He probably only started working there for the holiday season just so he could make a killing on ebay.

I hate stupid rat-faced pinko commie scalpers!
    :scalper :scalper :scalper :scalper :scalper :scalper :scalper 

Comments?... Name Calling?... Lynch-mob organization?...

2. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    That scalper is wasting his time. The going eBay prices on the CC Bumblebee is closer to retail. He will probably only make a few bucks.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

It's not just the scalpers you have to dodge, it's the huge mommy asses, you know those ones always digging in their cart.
    STOP SHOPPING FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE!

4. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Consumers are the problem, not the scalpers. If they wouldn't buy from scalpers, there would be no scalpers.

5. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Ah but, along that same logic, if these ass-hats were not scalping there would be no scalpers.

6. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not to pick nits with ya, dude, but a Scalper by his very definition is a Capitalist not a Commie.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    :lolol 

8. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Going to the stores this month is stupid.

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    They are a fact of life, being mad on the internet isn’t going to change there behavior.

10. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

He is stupid they don't go for much on ebay. Good thing I'm all caught up on what I need.

11. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    It's called a variation of a theme, and your old enough to know the source material.

As for the rest...yep, I hear ya guys. Glad I have all that I'm really looking for, just the few gifts would be a bonus. I'm not personally mad about the lack of stuff, as I bought it all months ago when it came out originally, but I do think that it sucks for those who are hapless parents. And that is the last December saturday shopping I think I'm ever gonna do. And since I have the job flexibility, I really meant that last statement!

12. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ya the scalper thing is getting to be a rather tiresome issue to say the least :horse: 

13. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm really surprised the ones on the boards haven't been sent to the firing squad yet. (I won't clarify this post at all. If you know who I'm referring to, great. If not, too bad)

14. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I saw my first in-person scalper the other day at Toys R Us.

I walked into the TF/SW aisle and saw this 300lb bearded, sweaty, and smelly man with glasses FILLING a shopping cart with the at that point full SW Pegs.

I walked over and grabbed Darth Malak off the shelf (he and Revan are the only SW figs I want, being a huge KOTOR fan), and walked back over to look at the TF's. He then dropped 3 figures on the floor trying to get them in the basket, looked over and says "Hey, could you get those for me?"

I wanted to come back with "You know, bending down to pick those up would give you some much needed exercise, but then I'd probably have to smell more of you." but I didn't. I chuckled and walked over to the Marvel aisle.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think the Parents are buying the toys for the Kids.

You know my Mom almost didn't find Voayer Movie optimus Prime.

16. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Buying an extra to sell on e-bay is one thing, buying everything and leaving nothing for everyone else is just an asshole move, and I will continue to think it's an asshole thing to do even if it's a fact of life or whatever else you want to call it.

[EDIT]

And I'm not whining about it, just stating my opinion, I actually don't even think about scalping until I actually see it happen, or see a thread about it on a message board.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I really just don't give a shit anymore about scalpers and people whining about them. They always gonna be here. People are always going to buy from them. Whining about them on the interznutz is just getting sad really.

18. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's certainly possible that it was a scalper attack. However, it seems like ALL kids are wanting BB right now. It's at least equally possible that it was actual parents and kids purchasing them.

I think you may be misinformed. AFAIK, there is no Robot Replica 2-pack to be found at TRU. There is, however, a Wal-Mart-exclusive RR "battle-damaged" OP & Megs 2-pack.

19. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    That's what my memory tells me too, but he said he saw some, so I kept my eye out, needless to say, there weren't any when I went there, so I'll have to talk to him again to clarify just what it was that he was refering to. The big point was that he was there the night before and no deluxes, and I was there shortly after opening and tons of them, minus all the BB's. But thanks for pointing that out, cuz if I were to spend a lot of time looking at TRU for something they'll never have, well that would be funny and sad...

20. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Optimus and megatron replicas two pack at tru.. should have taken a pic with my phone or something..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.