Christmas Insomnia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omegatron, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone else suffer from Christmas insomnia? Every year, I find it difficult to fall asleep on Christmas Eve. don't get me wrong- I'm dead tired, even as I type this. But I've been lying in bed for 2 1/2 hours, just turning over and trying different futile mental tricks. At this point, it's too late to indulge in some NyQuil- the kids will be up early wanting daddy so they can open their loot. So, Merry Christmas to you fine people. I guess I'll read that Time 'Best of 2007' issue I found today.

-Tony!

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I just try to relax, and find something else to think about, untill I fall asleep.

3. bandron

bandron seeker jets' nightmare

Ebay:
    At least you are at home. I'm at work and will not get off till 7 am pst. Well there's that and the fact that I'm on the wrong coast to celebrate Christmas with my family. Oh well thems the breaks.

4. FatMick Prime

FatMick Prime Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

News Credits:
    Wel, it's Christmas morning here now (just before 10) and I'm absolutely knackered. Couldn't get to sleep last night, then was up at first light with kids.

Now to entertain the family.....

Happy Christmas to All!!!!!

5. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I can never sleep on christmas eve. Tonight was not as bad. I got in bed at 12:30 and fell asleep at 1:00. but I woke up at 3:00. ANd now it's 5:00. Gotta love christmas.

6. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I've been up since roughly 2 am, but that's only because I have to keep my sleep schedule regular for the night shift at TRU (thankfully Friday is my last day). The only reason I got any sleep last night is because I got to bed around 3 in the afternoon instead of 10-11 am, then had dinner in the evening and went back to bed.

Seems like the tradition at Christmas is the parents wake up the kids, but for once I'm up before even the sun.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've been working crazy hours for the last three days, last night after going to bed at 7pm, I woke up at 2:30am, just in time for work,and couldn't sleep for an hour.

:( 

Having said that, crazy hours are over for now and slow time is in.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    for some reason I haven't slept well the past few days. I got to sleep ok last night but woke up at 4 am!

9. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

i can sleep thru an earthquake but if my dog wants to go out(which is at 4ish every morning) she keeps licking me til i take her out. then im up for the rest of the day. and people wanna know why i like my 3 hour naps?? lol

But yes< i totally feel you about christmas eve insombia. I have been up since 4am (eastern standard time) and all i can do is stare at my packages til everyone else gets up...
    meryy christmas to everyone by the way!!

10. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I get the same way. I can deprive myself of sleep, eat myself silly, and be begging for sleep early, but as soon as I realize it's Christmas Eve, I'm up for hours past that. I usually put on some soft music, movie score's mostly, and think lightly as much as possible.

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I am not home, at the in-laws, and my 5 month old daughter had it last night. She usually sleeps through the night but I guess the coming of Santa got her really excited.

I'm realizing now how dirty that sounds. Merry Christmas!

12. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    If you don't go to sleep on Christmas Eve, Santa won't come!

13. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I stayed up trying to finish Dead Rising last night so I went to bed late, but other than that no I haven't had trouble falling asleep on christmas eve since I was 14.

14. Decimus

Decimus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i slept till 10:00am....no hurry to wake up. went to bed around 12pm. i've been working like crazy so that helped. i worked 2nd and 3rd shift on saturday, and on sunday i worked my 2nd shift job....went to the girlfriend's house, stayed up all night...caught a 2hour nap on monday between parties, went to a party yesterday, got home around 12, went to bed...slept till 10. that's my secret.

15. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I just listened to some Jazz from Gunsmith Cats: RADIO (Original Soundtrack) and went to sleep easily.

LOL, You sound just like my little brother.

I stayed up until 2:00/2:30AM and woke up again at 7:40 or 8:00am in the morning. I've got sleep in my eyes. Apparently Six Hours or less isn't enough sleep for my body.

I used to be unable to get to sleep, about six or seven years ago. Too excited to think about sleep; I always tried to catch my parents smuggling stuff under the tree.... never worked out 'cause I fell asleep eventually.

Think I'm gonna take a Nap now.

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I have it. I got about 3-4 hours sleep last night. Sitting awake from 4-5:45 was awful, In the end I just decided 'the hell with it' and played on my DS.

17. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I slept surprisingly well last night. I guess when one needs to purchase most of his gifts himself, there isn't much surprise.