Christmas has taken a new meaning for me. How 'bout you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LatinJEM777, Dec 20, 2009.

1. LatinJEM777

LatinJEM777 TFW's Premier Shredder

It sure has changed, but in a great way!

I remember being a kid, I just wanted the presents, and that was it.

But since about 4 years ago, to me (besides the religious side), it really became about being glad that you're with family (my family gets along great, sans a few squabbles here and there). Being grateful for what you DO have is a huge part to me too. I find myself caring less and less about what I get. I'm actually more excited about people's reactions when I get THEM gifts! I've felt like this when money was tight, or when I had some financial wiggle room.

I truly feel like I've been blessed with many things this year, even with some of the hardships I have had.

What more could I ask for? I have a great family, had my Motorola sponsored studio project featured on a bunch of gadget/design blogs, and scored an AWESOME PAID year-long design internship @ GE (which is going FREAKING AWESOME btw). I feel like I've already got my "gifts" this year. I don't need much else. Man, what an awesome year this turned out to be.

I just want to share this great feeling I have with you all! :) 

2. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    No way dude,Its all about the Presents!!!!!!!

Only joking.

3. red4

red4 Banned

Christmas has never been all that special to me. But I am grateful throughout the year for what I have.

4. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Christmas is the only time i try to make other people happy.
    even if im not.

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bump.

6. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Christmas has always been special to me since I was a kid. The only two bad Christmas I have had was in 1989 and 2003.

But Christmas is my favorite time of the year. Halloween is my second.

7. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

When I was a kid, Xmas was that time of year where I would finally get all those cool super expensive toys I was never allowed to have otherwise, when you're a kid you really don't think about anything else.

Nowadays, it's that time of year with constant headaches, cold weather and empty wallets. While I love my family and all, I don't need a "special" day to see them or be thankful for them. And I no longer really ask for anything (I'd prefer to get nothing and be content with that then to get something I don't like and have to pretend to like it) but I do try to go out of my way to make everyone else happy. But making other people happy requires effort and caring and money, and those are three things I'm not big on giving away. :( 

8. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It has taken on new meaning for me as well. But in a very negative way.

I hate this holiday.

9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Totally agree with this.

10. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

It's definitely lost all of its childhood charm for me. I'm thankful for my family, but usually Christmas for us involves just a normal day doing our own thing. I remember being little and not being able to sleep because I was so excited, now it's just another day where we open a present and continue like nothing happened :lol 

11. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Christmas to me is always about my family. It always has been and will continue to be that way for as long as I live. I'm counting down the hours til I get to be with them :) 

12. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    It's all about good food and good company. The presents are for the kids!

13. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

This year, I'm actually pretty excited for Christmas. Now, I've always been glad when Christmas comes around, but this year, I'm seriously excited for it, partially for religious reasons that I wish I could go into but can't, and partially because I'm just glad I'll get to spend time with my family, even if my little brothers are annoying. :p 

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Christmas used to be a magical time for me when I was a kid, but in recent years it's just lost all of its charm and magic. I still love Christmas, sure, but it just seems that with time flying so fast, I hardly get the chance to fully enjoy it.

I mean, itt used to be that I could watch all of my favorite Christmas films and specials, plus listen to all of my favorite Christmas music. These days, I'm lucky only to sit down and watch at least 2-3 Christmas films, and get to listen to only a small fraction of the Christmas music we have on record, cassette tape, and CD.

So, unfortunately, I've not taken to a new meaning of Christmas, other than it just being a holiday where I get to be with my family and get a handful of presents.

15. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    This year is a life changing year when it comes to Christmas and friends. I have grown so much in the last couple months. To the supporters who know what I'm talking about, Thank you.

To all those who want to know go donate to get to the friends lounge.

16. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    After working in retail for a few years in my early 20s I am now a IRL Scrooge/Grinch.

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Christmas and always have. The problem is that it's an emotional amplifier. So, if you're doing well and have good people around you, then it can be amazing. If you're down on your luck, can't be with your family, and generally don't have someone to share it with, it can be the most miserable time of the year. But, I have been blessed, and every year I do what I can to make the season great. As an adult, it isn't about gifts but more about enjoying the season and doing things and decorating and seeing friends. As a kid, it was about the presents AND getting a winter break off from school. Of course, it was family to, but you just don't appreciate that since they are always around.

18. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:

You shall be visited by 3 spirits.