Customs: Christmas Gift Help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Blaster_Prime, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

I need some help from the masters...

This years secret santa I got a friend of mine who loves Cthulhu and is also an avid Transformers fan. The spending limit is $40, and I was thinking about commissioning a custom but first I wanted to see if I could make something myself. Basically I want to make a Cthulhu transformer (duh) that has a Squid/Octopus beast mode and his robot mode looks at least reasonably like our dark lord Cthulhu himself with wings, octopus head, claws, ect.

I had some ideas but am still unsure. I was thinking my best bet is to frankenstien something. Although I think Transmetal Claw Jaw stuck on someone's body would be pretty fantastic.

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Hmm, sounds like a fun idea, but it'd almost definitely go over your 40 dollar limit in parts and supplies alone I think (unless you already have those bots sitting around you're willing to give up). And a commission like that would definitely run you more than 40 in labor too, unless you have naked photos of some Radicon you can use as blackmail to leverage work out of with :) 

I'd say go for it yourself, but for what I assume would be your first bash, it sounds pretty intense. And since xmas is fast approaching you may not even have time to finish it (unless you can literally throw away a few full days to work on it) since it sounds like this would be a lot of work, trial and error and just the general waiting we all have to do to finish stuff (paint curing, glue bonding, materials to arrive via mail etc).

Another route to go, instead of an actual figure, commission some TFW artist to draw you this character ala one of those profile books. You know, showing him in robot and squid mode? I bet if you went to deviantart and posted in their work for hire section on their boards you could find a great amateur artist to do it for 40 bucks.

Good luck either way, and let us know what you decide to do!

3. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Thanks for the advice, I'm thinking about just trying to find the Transmetal Claw Jaw as he already looks a bit like Lord Cthulu and just calling it good...if I can find one that is ^^;;