Christiankids Working title Comic

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Christiankid7, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

Christiancomics

Bear with me this is my first try and im not very funny
    But...I tried
    #1 Staring contest (AKA sometimes you should just shut up)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Plastic_nomer

Plastic_nomer Doing the unmentionables

I like the speech bubbles, but try filling those in with white first, as the text are hard to see with all those obstructions :D 

3. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Yeah, you need to fill in speech bubbles. It isn't hard. If you want a more advanced Photo-editing program (assuming you don't have one) than MS Paint, GIMP is a free Photoshop equivalent (even Polenicus, creator of Warring at Play, uses GIMP for some of the best effects in the Funnies), & has several Tutorials here & elsewhere.

I'm fairly new to Funnies making myself, & am also not that funny, but I still have funny spots.

This almost made me laugh...

4. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    :lol 

That was pretty good! I think I'll definitely be following this.

5. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

I dont know why, but speech bubble (even after the tutorial) don't work with my GIMP, but I will do the white bubble thing from now on or try to do the white bubble thing

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lol 

7. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    What I do for my Speech Bubbles is use the Oval Select, then fill it [3 ways to fill: 1) the Fill Tool/ paint bucket, 2) manually draw in the color until it's filled -- the long way -- or 3) litterally drag a color into the selection]. It should work for you. There's no trick to it. You could even make the text first, & then put the oval on a layer under it, so you don't have to guess on size or resize the text if you didn't want to.

It was one of the reasons I went w/ using GIMP, instead of MS Paint: Speech Bubbles were easy.

For stuff like the cloud/ Thought Bubble, you have to be a bit more creative w/ using the Selection Tools: 2 ways, there is a Free Select, where you can draw the path yourself, but you can also play w/ the other Selection Tool Options: one changes from single selection areas to allowing multiples. Once you have multiples, you could draw one big oval, then a bunch of little circles overlaping the edge, to get the effect.

If you'd like, I could TRY to make a simpler Tutorial for using the Tool subfunctions (most seem to be glazed over in the Funnies Tutorials), like Select, +Select, -Select & Intersect Selection, but I'd have to take pics of my screen (don't know how to/ if I can (ie have the program/ tech) pull screen grabs) w/ my Camera Phone (I have successfully managed that before, can't remember for who), so I don't know how it'd come out.

Probably need to look into making that Tutorial anyway, since I don't think any cover it...

8. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    :lol  :lol 

9. UltimateOptimus

UltimateOptimus Long-time Hungarian Truck

Lesson learned: ALWAYS let your guns do the talking for you. Guess Shockwave, in spite of his left-processor functioning, learnt that the hard way in the starin' contest with your cat.

With a name like "Christiankid7", you might make just a fine Robo-Crusader...

10. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    Cat: superior, Logic: Inferior