Chris Ryall says Transformers to become two seperate books after "Chaos"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by dj_convoy II, Jun 27, 2011.

1. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Dbl post

2. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Solve everything? Costa is getting fired then?

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like both books are in the "Ongoing"/IDW universe, if they both spin out of "Chaos." Shame, I'd rather like them to let Furman start running with his #81 idea.

5. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Would MUCH prefer to see #81 instead of two books set in their continuity.

6. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:

I like the continuity, although I will admit things were a bit shaky in the ongoing for a while but, it has certainly improved since Megatron returned.

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont want to sound like a fool but am I the only one totally confused by the current TF line up of comics?

Also can transformers justify 2 titles for 1 continuity? this isn't DC's JLA or Marvel's Xmen that can justify it due to their being so many strong characters. Now I know TF's have had spin offs before but they have always tied back into main continuity at some point and were always just spin offs not stand alone titles... hmmm time will tell I guess and if they feel theirs money in it I cant really stop them.

8. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    I'd be interested to know, Rob- is your interest (in the books of late) sufficently piqued to follow two books regularly?

9. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Can't really say, kind of depends on tue quality of the books. Looking forward to chaos if that ends well I am sure I will be more willing to jump on board.

10. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    At a glance I thought this was a response to the 'animated poll' at Botcon. Having read it, I'm now dissapointed.

Set myself up for that one, folks. :D 

11. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is, what, the third or fourth time they've done that now? I guess IDW must figure if they keep "shaking things up", they'll eventually stumble on a new status quo that's actually worth reading.

12. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Need more details! It'd be cool if they did two series:

Transformers: Autobots
    Transformers: Decepticons

And told both sides of the story that crossed over into one another :)  A comic every other week would be nice.

13. RW8U

RW8U CRUSADERCON!

Yeah, new Megatron is great. All we need is a toy of him.

14. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Really trying not to be Snarky McSnarkerson, but the thought occurs that they need to figure out how to make ONE crowd-pleasing book before launching another.

My guess is that some combination of Roberts and Roche will be on Ongoing 126-plus and, I dunno, probably Costa on a new number 1 set on Earth with military "intrigue" or some such. Something a little movie-y for the hordes of folks who don't know Optimus Prime from Optimash Prime.

Despite my misgivings, if we have some sort of Rocherts book, that'll PROBABLY be enough to drag me back.

15. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    Interesting, You have peaked my interest. I dropped the ongoing a few months back, I might pick up the trades for Chaos if the reviews are good. When I heard about Roberts and Roche and now this, I will be paying close attention.

16. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Which is why I got that Black Megatron Tokyo Toy Show exclusive. It's the closest we've got at this point.

17. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The biggest problem at IDW right now is the art. Except when Dreamwave alumns are penciling, the art is broadly hideous. And when they are penciling, their colorists chooses this washed out or pastel color scheme that makes panels look soooo flat. Even the worst art at Dreamwave was accentuated by strong inking and bold colors.

The non-DW alumni... where to start. Heart of Darkness. Why is this being published? Can someone tell me that?

Just keep in mind, this is on the same rack, near New Ultimates vs Avengers, Batman, Inc., Green Lantern, and Fear Itself:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like what the hell? Everything wrong with IDW transformers are in those two pictures...

Dear Chris Ryall, I'll buy IDW comics, instead of downloading the torrents, the day you make transformer comics, as a visual medium, worth my money. I'm not interested in some random guy you found on DeviantArt's scribblings of a misshapen Arcee and fun-with-a-protractor Galvatron in the most-boring, randomly posed splash page all year. New colorists line-wide and clean out the pencilers. Then i'll be your customer. How's that for a forum post?

18. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    You know... Heart of Darkness, as a premise, was something I very much wanted. A series that focuses on Galvatron and his crew that tries to clean up the loose-ends from Furman's run and brings everything in line with the direction the books have taken since.

The quality of the writing and particularly, the art? Yeah... wasn't expecting this one.

Hopefully more Heart of Darkness isn't what Ryall has in mind with that statement.

19. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like this idea :) 

If not that maybe an Earth based title and a space based one.

Either way, I'm excited. I like idws Transformers

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After LSotW, I would read the balls off of that. It would become my second monthly comic of ALL TIME.