Choosing your side

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by adamgx03, Jun 30, 2010.

1. adamgx03

adamgx03 Member

I am confused on how to choose what side you play on in the multiplayer. Do you choose when it shows the people playing? I always end up a decepticon, I dont play MP games much so I am still learning some basic stuff, thanks.

2. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

The game chooses for you. I tend to be a Decepticon more often than an Autobot as well. That just means that there's two other guys out there who are Bots more often

3. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

It's random, like playing Halo for example there is a 50/50 chance of being red or blue.
    Bots and Cons are simply this games teams, there's no choice involved.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not quite random. My current theory is that for the first game (when everyone has a score of 0) it assigns people alphabetically and alternating Autobot Decepticon. The first name in the list will be Autobot and the last will be Decepticon. I'm not 100% positive on this yet though.

After the first game it divides people so the scores for both teams are as equal as possible. The person with the highest score will be Autobot. After that it will do math to make the scores for both teams even.

5. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh is that why sometimes one side has 4 players and the other 2.

6. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

That happens when some of the people are in a party. The party stays together and the other team generally gets screwed.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No that happens because the side with two people have a combined very high score and the computer thinks them verses everyone else is a good match.

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've had that happen with 6 vs. 4 before... and it turned out to be the exact opposite of a good match.

9. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok, but what about death match. I have never been an autobot in deathmatch and its making me angry.

10. adamgx03

adamgx03 Member

I see, I guess that makes sense so not everyone is an autobot..too bad you cant select a preference then to make your chances better of being an autobot.

11. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I've been on teams where two or three guys would let the opposite team win "I wanted to be an Autobot/a Decepticon, but I'm stuck on this side, so I'm gonna let the team I wanted to be on win."

Irritates the hell out of me. It's not like one side plays better than the other or anything.

12. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Deathmatch is interesting. It actually seems to play on the idea that only Decepticons would resort to infighting. I've never seen an Autobot in that, but I haven't played it enough to confirm that you never are anything but Cons.