CHMS Rainmaker Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by daelite20, Feb 25, 2011.

1. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are nice!

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Hello everyone :cool:  With daelite20's permission, I am posting up the version 2 of the CHMS rainmakers. I got them in yesterday and thought I'd show you guys what the differences were. In my opinion, the changes are not major, but just enough that anyone who has the originals would definitely know.

I'll start with the packaging:

[​IMG]

Note how the upper right hand corner no longer says "CHMS", but now they say "Takara Tomy." Not sure if they had any permission to do so, but the last few orders of KO seekers had that on the upper right hand corner.....
    The inserts say its the ghost version of Starscream.....hmmmm.....didn't know Starscream changed colors so often after he died :tongue: 

As you can see, there's also the missile launchers. They're now color coded to the seeker. Also, if you take a look at prior pictures of the green seeker, the version 2 has a green nose that matches the color of the body as opposed to having a similar colored nose to that of the yellow one.

After I took them out of the package, I noticed I had problems with at least the green one. One of the tailfins (specifically the top stubby part) broke off. Nothing a lil superglue couldn't fix. Not that I wasn't being careful, but for some reason upon removing them from the plastic, it appeared that they were "falling" off. Not a huge concern if you have superglue, but a note to be careful when taking them out of the packaging. (oddly I never had any problem with the actual takara henkei seekers)

[​IMG]

And below is their robot mode to better show the missile launchers:

[​IMG]

If anything, the colors are slightly off. The picture may not show it exactly, but the blue missile launchers are slightly lighter in blue than the seeker. The green missile launchers are darker green and the yellow missile launchers are of a lighter yellow/brighter yellow. Kinda like a highlighter yellow.

Transformation was smooth, nothing really loose except the wrists and wings. Though this is because of the joint on the wings. Since I don't plan on a massive number of transformations, I'm leaving them on "display" in the robot mode.....

Other than that, its not too bad. Worth it if you are looking to collect these seekers :cool: 

3. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Is there a 3rd version coming then ?

I assume these ones were made after the Chinese Holidays.

4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I think they were. They had the original sets in before Chinese New Years. I placed my order toward the beginning of this month. Right after I got my shipping/ tracking info, I saw on the KO forums that version 2 was in. Wasn't sure which version I had until I got it in the mail. Not sure if there would be a version 3, but I kinda doubt it.

5. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    Theres no version 3.
    version 2 was made to match the nose cone to the body and make the launchers match also..

6. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Nice. As soon as I get the money straight these are number two on my to get list.

7. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    posted pictures of the new version..

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Love these three. Nothing more to say.

9. djstarscream

djstarscream g1 nut

anyone know where i can get these rainmakers as the site i was going to get them was closed down by hasbro