CHMS Paradron Medic, Chromia and Rainmakers are they really KO's?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HoosierDaddy, Aug 23, 2011.

1. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    I have a question about these. The CHMS Rainmakers say they are made by Henkei and the CHMS Arcee's say Takara/Tomy. So if those companies make these, why are they knock offs? Is it just because the company that makes them is in a country (China I assume) that has no laws against libel and they are allowed to put those company names on there? It's just strange. And if the Rainmakers are just cheap KO's why the hell are they so expensive? I can get 3 or more legit seekers for the price of a trio of Rainmakers.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're "high quality" knock-offs, with replica packaging, but knock-offs all the same.

They're expensive because the sellers can get away with it, because the demand is there.

3. HoosierDaddy

News Credits:
    I've had the CHMS Arcees and I thought they were great but I sold them along with my animated collection. They were nice though. now considering the Rainmakers as i am focusing more on classics style figs for my collecting habits. (trying to limit myself to just a couple lines to focus on you know?)

Do you guys think the rainmaker trio is a worthy buy? I don't have a lot of 3rd party stuff in my collection and they aren't actually part of the real thing but do they fit in nicely and add a nice touch to a classics type of collection?

Just looking for opinions.

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only one I've been tempted by is Sunstorm, since Takara or Hasbro hasn't released one yet as a general release or exclusive, I like the mold, and from what I remember in the Feedback forum the quality of the CHMS one was decent.

I'm comfortable buying original stuff from unlicensed companies, but I've been hesitant buying knocked off Hasbro molds...it's the one thing I haven't been able to do yet.

5. HoosierDaddy

News Credits:
    I'm thinking the yellow one could be a stand in for Sunstorm. I don't know who the green one would be but I love it as that Kawasaki/lime green is and always has been my favorite color. the blue one doesn't do much for me as Generations Thundercracker blows it away but I was considering using the dremel, a few parts here and there and shaping it a little female looking and maybe making a G1 style Slipstream custom. Whatcha guys think. Yay? Nay?

6. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    Any toy that is from an existing Transformers mold but not manufactured by Hasbro or TakaraTomy is a KO. It's as simple as that.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Technically, since the molds are copied, they're considered "knock offs", but the quality (compared to the Big Lots ones) is so good that I have no problem adding them to my collection. And it's not like people can pass them off as original, since there ARE no Hasbro versions of those colors.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Since they're not produced by Hasbro or Takara, they're knock-offs. But the parts are matched 1 to 1, so there's no simplifying of the figure. And from what I hear, the plastic is pretty good as well.

If you want to boost your Seeker ranks, then by all means pick them up. They're made to go with a Henkei collection though, for fair warning.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Not if you strip off the chrome, which I've actually seen some people do, believe it or not.

10. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    still have the thunercracker KO and its nice i ended up getting the generations release though as i like that blue so much better

but did consider getting the purple trio for a while and decided i have enough seekers (7) i dont need 10 and it was more null rays i would have to make

11. Voltron III

Voltron III sum dum cum bum

chms is official lik a special giveway executive exclusive

that wut my friend tell me

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This. The only difference is how good or bad the quality is.

13. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

You guys wanting the CHMS stuff..have you ever seen them in person? I did recently and I was surprised. In a bad way. They look better in pictures. Their less-than-hasbro quality was instantly obvious to me.

14. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    I was hesitant at first, but I'm glad I bought them. I purchased the Rainmaker Trio, 3 Clones (Purple) and Sunstorm from daelite20 to fill the Decepticon / Seeker Ranks and simply because they were in the G1 Cartoon regardless if they were just animation errors.

The Rainmaker Trio, Clones (Purple) and Sunstorm are very worthy buys in my opinion. The quality of the toys (the later versions that is) are just as good as the official Hasbro / Takara versions of these molds and they will fit in real nice with any Classic TF Collection. Besides, I highly doubt that Hasbro / Takara will ever produce these colors and these KO's will probably be the only way for anyone to get their hands on the Rainmaker Trio, Clones (Purple) and Sunstorm to go with their Classic TF Collection.

Anyways, if you got the extra coin and you want to beef up your Decepticon / Seeker Ranks for your Classic TF Collection... Hit up daelite20 to order some and he'll take care of you. :thumb 

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  15. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

All my CHMS KO seekers are in great quality.
    I have 3 Purple ones, the rainmaker trio, Orange Sunstorm, the yellow/mustard seeker and the black and gold seeker.
    All mine are of comparable quality to Hasbro and TakTomy and think they fit in perfectly with the official Classics toys.

16. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be more specific...
    I have three chms toys, the all have good plastic and mold quality but the pair apps are very weak. They are often blurry or crooked or just to plain. There still very good stand ins but don be surprised if you have to do some work

17. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I've never heard of that. CHMS is just a company in China that made knock off Transformers. I would tell your friend not to spread unconfirmed rumors or false information.

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh???

I...highly doubt that your friend is correct.

19. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Dunno what you're talking about. My CHMS Skywarp and Ramjet are great. Practically indistinguishable.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    They're definitely Knockofs...but f***ing AWESOME KOs.