"Chip" on my shoulder!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by fabexmax, Oct 1, 2010.

1. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So as the pun title reads, I was thinking today, why not Chip? Chip Chase that is. In terms of being paired up for a Headmaster! And not just any Headmaster, but Fortress Maximus. After I thought about this I did a lil research and was reminded of this

Chip was a valuable asset to the Autobots, being of a scientific mind complementing that of Wheeljack. He would often invent machines in an attempt to give the Autobots an advantage. He collaborated in the construction of Snarl and Swoop in "War of the Dinobots", cracked the lock on Wheeljack's lab, and was briefly able to bring Devastator under Autobot control.

Chip was last seen in the Japanese-exclusive story "Scramble City" which was meant to bridge the gap between season 2 of the animated series and the 1986 movie. He was among those who helped build Autobot City.

Ok, so lets get this right, dude helped build some of the Dinobots, made Devs an Autobot, and helped build Autobot City! What the WHAT! So to make things a bit more interesting, why not have a guy who is bound to a wheelchair, be the head of what is essentially a big ass house/fortress, and be enabled to walk. OMG, not to mention that Chip was a genius, the calibur of Wheeljack, how fitting would it have been to have hime become Cerebros! Yeah, sorry Spike, I was always a fan, but you didn't need to be the head of Fort Max. If anything, I may write a fanfic where the big 3 G1 humans become Chip Chase/Cerebros Headmaster to Fortress Maximus, Spike Witwicky/Stinger Targetmaster to Bumblebee, and Carly Witwicky/Relay Powermaster to Arcee (too bad Bombshell was taken)!

So just a thought. If you agree feel free to post, or if you can think of anything else that could have been fixed tweaked from the fandom, throw it in the mix.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Meh, Spike is already the Headmaster of Maximus's Headmaster.

No need to further convolute this.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    For all we know, they did make Chip such an offer. But he, not liking the idea of laying his ass on the line in the combat zone day after day, turned it down and instead went off to live in luxury on some balmy island paradise, waited on hand and foot by bevies of well-endowed, scantily-clad young beauties.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think having Chip Chase as a Headmaster candidate is an excellent idea, but not partnered with Fortress Maximus. I'd suggest this Autobot:

[​IMG]

Especially because of "Roll For It":

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Above image courtesy of Seibertron.com)

. . . and:

Attached Files:

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Maybe Chip got killed because he was such an asset to the Autobots, the Decepticons targetted him specifically...

I mean, we never see him during or after the movie right?

Dun dun duuuuuun..

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think after that one episode where he stood up, everyone just kinda shunned him for being a faker. :) 

7. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'd make him partner Prowl 2 rather than the original Prowl.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    In the Transformers universe, Chip probably took all the appropriated technology he got access to over the years, patented it and created Microsoft.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Yeah, but after watching James Cameron's AVATAR, I bet he's kicking himself now (that is, if his legs could move).

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I just had a Robot Chicken vision of Chip in his wheelchair, pushing at dead Prowl's head and saying "come on! wake up! Give me your head! I need to become it"

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Good point about the "Roll for it" episode, but I think and even stronger support comes from the Binaltech story where Chip Chase essentialy offers up his soul so Prowl can function again after his laser core is lost in subspace. Essentially, it's Autobot X all over again except Prowl remains himself and doesn't become a raving lunatic monster.

12. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

having chip replace spike,no thanks.

13. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Lucky bastard. LOL!

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    My hyperlink to our resources was excluded due to my hastiness in posting (my previous post was one of the last before I left work yesterday morning).

BT-15 Prowl - Honda Integra Type-R (Police Style) - Transformers Binaltech - Transformers Resources

My intent was to cite both the G1 episode and the convoluted Binaltech fiction.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    As long as he's played by Stephen Hawkin in any live-action version.