Chinese new year, and delayed shipping...

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by wildfly, Jan 24, 2012.

1. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I'd appreciate some feedback on this......

Bought and paid for something from a Singapore based seller on Jan 14.

After 4 days didn't hear back from them, and asked if there was an issue.

Got a fairly prompt reply and was told the item in question would not ship until the 29th of Jan due to the Chinese New Year.

Although i know Chinese New Year started on the 23rd, i am not entirely familiar with when celebrations start, and for how long this affects postal service.

Even though it's an important occasion, i'm kind of wondering if the seller is messing me about, and if there shouldn't have been a several day window after the 14th in which they could reasonably have shipped the item?

Anyone?
    Thanks

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just made two purchases from Singapore. I honestly don't know if the seller is blowing smoke up your butt or not, but here are my two experiences from this month, if it helps at all.

I purchased two EZs on 7th of this month. They were not marked as shipped until 11th and processed until the 12th. No update via USPS until they were processed by customs a week later; delivered successfully yesterday.

I purchased a Micron team on the 16th. That was marked as shipped a day later, the 17th and processed a day later. It arrived in LA on the 19th and was handed off to USPS four days later and is scheduled for delivery today.

So one that was delayed as well before your purchase, one that was shipped right away after you made your purchase.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Not a fan of Chinese New Year. Seems like a catch-all excuse for the whole country to not do a damn thing for two weeks.

I'm in the same boat, I'm tracking something that supposedly got to their post office on the 18th and has sat there since. WTF?

EDIT: I have to take that back, tracking shows it's in NY now.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  4. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Thanks to both of you. Ultimately, i think i'm holding on the cards on this one, so i'll sit tight for a while yet.

5. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

You have 45 days to file a claim, so I'd do as you said and sit tight.