Chinese KO Galaxy Force Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SMOG, Oct 4, 2007.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I just received my KO Galaxy Force Starscream from China today... Got sick of waiting to find a Japanese edition, or the all-maroon US-only TRU exclusive version. It cost me $14 after shipping on Ebay, so the price was right. :) 

Turns out, it's pretty cool. Granted, it IS a knockoff, so the plastic is of a cheaper grade; dropping this on a hard floor would definitely result in breakage, unlike official products which might break if dropped. Heh. Some bits of the transformation don't peg in fully and the cyberkey function does nothing (oh boohoo). I also have some minor complaints about articulation, but those are all limitations of the original mold.

On this figure, the detail looks fine, the paint apps are pretty clean, and the joints are stiff but smooth. The alt mode looks good too, and there are no loose rattling bits. Some others have complained that the heads fall off out of the box, but so far, this figure is holding up fine... the head seems nice and solid, and the sculpting came out nice and crisp.

Interesting also to note that this was clearly the basis for the Titanium WW Seeker design... the similarities extend somewhat to the actual transformation, not just the aesthetic of the robot and vehicle mode.

A fairly good figure all in all... wish I had picked up a couple of others for kitbashing, because the same seller doesn't have any more at the moment. Recommended for folks who don't mind KO's. This is certainly one of the better ones I own.

zmog

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Didnt the WW designs inspire this particular Starscream and then they went and make the WW Titanium?

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yes. The WW design was the insperation for Cybertron/Galaxy Force Starscream and the Titanium versions of the Titanium Seeker mold. Hmm...I'll have to look into getting one of these KO's for my Scourge kitbash, so I don't have to hunt for either the GF version or the 2-pack Cybertron version. Any pics? I remember seeing the upsized KO of the Legends mold, but, I can't seem to remember seeing a KO of the Voyager mold.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I remember someone posted a ebay auction to one or two on this very board.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I did a search, and could only find one, and the ebay auction had ended for it already. The seller also doesn't have anymore of them. Does anybody know if this ko has been found here in the US yet? Like at Big Lots or something?

6. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :useless 

7. SMOG

Grrr.... taking pics takes time. Sorry.

On the other hand, I'm really enjoying this figure, so maybe I will take some pics soon. He's definitely based on the Voyager, not the Legends figure.

Is the GF Starscream really based on DON's WW Starscream? I think I may remember now thinking as much when the first images of Galaxy Force were hitting the internet. Wow... seems so long ago.

The seemingly short run on many KO figures is kind of discouraging... I apparently missed the oversize Classics Astrotrain, and after a very brief appearance, suddenly I'm not seeing any oversize Protoform Starscream figures either. From the looks of it, I may have bought the last KO Voyager GF Starscream on Ebay... too bad because I think I'd like some more to fill out the Seeker line-up.

It seems like with KO figures, you really have to take your shot right away, because you may not have many other chances to buy.

zmog

8. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to know. Now I'm curious.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I presume pics were in the ebay auction - perhaps you could post a link to that.

11. SMOG