Chinese DVD sets pulled off eBay?!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hook, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Seeing the increasing prices of those "20th anniversary" G1 DVD tin sets, I scoured eBay for a cheaper set somewhere.

I found "luck-le" an eBay Power Seller with a 99.3% positive feeback rating. The price was really decent - 50 USD, including shippng. I promply used Buy it Now and paid with PayPal seconds after.

Anyway, I got this message this afternoon:

So what now? Should I try to contact the seller directly or get a refund?

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I say get a refund. That way it's no loss and maybe down the road you'll find a G1 set available for sale anyway :) 

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Go for a refund man.

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Try contacting the dealer and see what he has to say about it. Who knows perhaps he's already shipped your item out. How long after you paid did you receive the above email?

5. polymorphic

polymorphic Bumblebee tuna!

I would contact the seller and asked if it shipped. I really wanted that set, too!

6. Hook

Facebook:
    I fired off payment mere seconds after winning the auction.

He seems like a trusted seller, I've sent him an email. let's see what he has to say. Besides, I've got 45 days to file a claim.

7. rid

rid Well-Known Member

I say trust the guy. He's got a good track record and will most likely want to domplete the transaction with you. He's there to sell. Anyway, since you already paid, there's not much you can do right now. Even if you ask for a refund, it's up to him to decide if he will refund him. And by doing that, you may piss him off and he may get hostile with you. For all we know, he may already have intentions to complete the transaction with you.

And for those who will say I'm wrong because you can ask PayPal for a refund, the answer is still No. PayPal will take their time to "evaluate" the case and after 2 weeks or so will say "you're right, you are entitled to the money. We will ask the seller to refund you". Trust me, that is what happened to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying things are desperate. I think things will work out fine. I'm just laying out the fact.

eBay/PayPal can be an ass at times. I especially hate the "due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller" as there way of saying "We are doing this to protect our own ass and will not tell you why".

8. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I got the exact same message a while back over a memory stick. I ended up going the refund route after contacting the seller. I was getting the wonderful I sent it this day, no I actually sent it this day, I will sent you the tracking number, oops I forgot to send you the tracking number, etc. I would give the seller a chance here (yours sounds a little more on the ball than mine), although keep a finger on the refund button if necessary.

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    When I bought my wooden boxed set some time ago, I got the exact same message from eBay. I contacted the seller, he said everything would be fine, that they had done it to him before, blah, blah, blah...
    Long story short, he was on the up and up, I got my box set super fast and in great condition.

So yeah, you did the right thing by contacting the seller. If he doesn't respond in a timely manner, then file for a refund.

10. Tracks_25

Tracks_25 We rollin'

Same thing happened here. I think things will work out alright for ya.

11. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I'm in this boat as well. Bought 1 from him on Wed. and paid for it, then a second one Sat. and paid for it. Received a message stating the first one shipped out Fri. No word on if the seconds been shipped. I'm just going to wait 3 weeks and see what happens. I emailed the two accounts of his this morning and am awaiting a reply. I think he'll come through. Wonder what he was up to 2 be kicked off ebay?

12. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd go for it and buy it, or at least, see if he has an online store and pay with a credit card. If he doesn't end up sending it, u could always call ur credit card company and file a complaint. Easy peezy lemon squeezy!

13. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

What he said. If the seller has good feedback, odds are he intends to send it to you anyway, and you have plenty of time to dispute the charges.

14. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I concur with all. I won a G1 Starscream off ebay and it was pulled before I could pay, I contacted the seller and he said he didn't know why it had been pulled but was more than happy to complete the sale, and it was fine.

15. Hook

Facebook:
    Woohoo!

The seller replied this morning and apparently my box set was shipped yesterday ^_^

*EDIT*
    He even provided me with the tracking number, so all is good I guess!

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, thats the guy i bought mine from...he's great.....so i would say no worries.....

17. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I tried the same thing last fall with an x-files set from china. got the same response, but hadn't sent payment yet, so it was ok.

18. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    and on the subject of chinese dvd sets, where the hell have all the headmaster, masterforce and victory sets gone? you used to be able to get those 3 series for around 50 shipped too, but now they are gone...what gives?

19. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hasbro enforcing bans on parallel imports mayhaps?

20. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

But with the exception of Headmasters, aren't those Japan only series? What would Hasbro have to gain by having those sales stopped?