China "KO" Oversized Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Optimus Dime, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

I just got this guy today in the mail. Won him on eBay for a whole $1.04. I figured so cheap, why not?

To be honest, he is not that bad. The colors are a bit off, but I will be fixing that in a few days with some paint. He is a tad larger then the G1. Maybe an inch and a half taller.

The plastic for being a Knock Off is surprisingly not that bad. The stickers are cheap. I am also going to be replacing those. Same with the Dicepticon logo. Some weird look to it. Once again, easily replaced.

The only issue I had was his left arm was a bit loose. I fixed that with some rubber-tex. Which is like a soft gel that when hardens stays flexible. Made the arm much tighter. And when I went to fold up the right leg, the part that slid into the body was a bit wider then the slot. So I took some very find sand paper and went over it a few times. Cleaned it up. Now fits perfect and can't tell it was sanded.

All-In-All. This is a great display peace. He looks wonderful on my shelf with the rest of my collection. And would recommend it to you guys who love to re-paint and re-fabricate parts.

But for those of you who want one for just Display, he looks awesome.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Best Regards,

2. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is the base figure I use for my MP Soundwave custom.... shitty plastic throughout, but when reinforced a decent figure.

3. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    that ravage is HUGE. i would consider this for the oversized tapes.

4. Optimus Dime

I don't know... for some of the KOs I have come across the plastic is not so bad. I mean is it in no way the best. But not as bad as most KOs.

Like I said, with a little work. Some paint and new stickers. This thing could/would be really great. I will post when I fix this all up, and post some new pictures.

Best Regards,

5. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Yeah, a little paint and some work on the head and he comes out great. Here he is in my collection:

[​IMG]

6. haha

haha Well-Known Member

This is a good Ravage. You have enough plastic to add shoulders and separate the body. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Does that still transform?

8. haha

haha Well-Known Member

oh yea ofcourse!

9. Optimus Dime

Very cool guys. I didn't think many people would of had this with how cheap it is. But very nice work. As for the Ravage, I am to try that. Is there a way to maybe mod out Lazerbeak also?

Best Regards,

10. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    @haha: Thats a beautiful piece. Wondering if youd mind sharing who made that ravage. Would love to commision em to make me one. If not no worries. Understand the appeal of having something only one of its kind. Would seriously be in interesting in paying for one. Let me know. Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

11. haha

haha Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  12. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
  13. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have this :D 

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed. I gotta give props to all the guys who have worked on this mold. As Zildjian points out, the KO plastic is shoddy often times. I can especially appreciate taking a crummy mold (literally) and making it worth putting on the shelf.

15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I love that Ravage, it's awesome! This Soundwave isn't that bad...especially for a display piece. I'm intending to surgically attach Alternator Prime shoulders/elbows and MP seeker hands in the next few weeks.

[​IMG]

16. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Reflector came out awesome. Did you update your post on this? What did you use for the paint?

BTW, what's robocop doing there?

17. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Yeah I remember being really happy to find out about this guy a couple of years back. Sizewise he has made a great stand in for Masterpiece Soundwave, especially with a few tweaks ;) 

[​IMG]

Of course that was back before there seemed like any chance of a proper MP, now with the upcoming 3rd party version I will finally have to retire my avatar!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I remember looking at your work and telling a friend that I thought you did the best MP Soundwave out of all the Radicon ones I ever saw out there.

19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Cheers mate, as a simple repaint goes I'm happy with how they turned out. Optimus Timelord's epic MP Reflector has made me think about copying his work tho!! Paint's are just those little Revell pots, I ended up mixing to get that shade of purple. I'm a biiiig RoboCop fan too and he is in there for scale, he's one of the Kotobukiya one coin series, got a 4" Robo in with my Autobots.

Next house move I am needing a man cave so I can get my 18" Neca Robo and Terminator out and pick up Hot Toys ED-209/Robo......if only there was a Cain figure out of decent size too :thumbdown 

20. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Thank you kind sir! Apart from the chest area it's a pretty straightforward custom. I think mine got such a positive reaction because I did the torso extension (and used G1 sized cassettes) which gives him a much better proportioned body. Needless to say, it caught on! :D 
    Feel free! Again, it's bot proportion I'm always striving to perfect; adding an extra body section to Reflector does wonders. Your paint job turned out exceptionally well TigerBlade, I hope mine look half as good when they're done :thumb