China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Mine came in a little padded envelope. The stickers aren't that great, they are too shiney and plasticky looking.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DataLore

DataLore Well-Known Member

I also got scammed by this guy. I am done with Ebay. I do better buying from TaoBao "Crown" rated sellers or just going to online stores like BigBadToyStore.

He sent me a busted YM Starscream but promised to send me a replacement part. We shall see.

Same thing happened to me!

3. Blazedriver

Blazedriver Well-Known Member

How did you sign up for TaoBao and is it easy? I've been kind of looking around for a while to see how to, thanks!

4. DataLore

DataLore Well-Known Member

There are some "How To's" on this board for TaoBao that I followed. The key is to buy from sellers with "Crown" ratings and to use this chat application that is made for TaoBao. It has these links to sellers and you can tell when they are online. It lets you chat with the sellers real time to ensure items are in stock and so on.

The key is to use consolidated shipping. So, you send a bunch of stuff to a warehouse (they hold it for you for up to 30 days no charge, after that it costs you to store it in the warehouse). Once a bunch of things are in the warehouse, you combine them into one box that gets shipped to you from China. Its a little complicated but once you get the hang of it its much better than Ebay or Aliexpress.

5. Blazedriver

Thanks, is the process of putting your payment methods onto TaoBao hard for you and when you buy things do you have to somehow convert it to their currency or do they accept USD?

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't give up on Ebay. Just stick to the sellers on the good list from the first post and you'll be fine. I still use Ebay to this day in addition to Taobao.
    Follow this thread
    Buying Transformers on Taobao
    If you are shipping to the USA you'll want to always make sure to ship via EMS. In addition to it being faster, ironically it is cheaper and far less expensive.

7. Blazedriver

Thank you, also do you or anyone else know if this guy's prices are true? (szzdjwl-9) I know he's on the good seller list, but he could have turned into a bad seller if he was forgotten about, there's just certain Transformers I would like to know about. (click them in bold). Otherwise these are awesome prices :D 

8. PurpleStuf

PurpleStuf Pastor of Muppets

News Credits:
    Yes, they had the "no step" tampos and other details like the Robot Hero OS seekers. I wondered if that was new, because my Yes Model Starscream doesn't have them. I heard somewhere (I think Bots and Bits, but I'm not certain) that Yes Model was shutting down though. Have you heard anything about that?

9. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Those tampos are present on the 2nd batch of Yes Model Skywarp and Thundercracker. Personally I prefer them without the tampos. Maybe they did it to visually distinguish them from the lesser quality Takara versions and lesser quality straight up Takara KOs.
    @Bots and Bits mentioned something about Yes MOdel/BB7 experiencing some sort of financial roadblocks several months ago. I'm not sure what the end result was or is. Hopefully they'll bounce back very soon. and get back to business.
    I'd hate to find out that they're out of the game for good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jheadden

jheadden Member

Ebay:
    So, I ordered a Hova (Agent Meister) figure from yanguang1971. Got the package on Tuesday and all that was in the package was rocket from Prowl or Bluestreak. I paid with an Ebay gift card. I filed an return or refund request through Ebay, but he has failed to respond. Will Ebay give a credit? There's a Paypal receipt, but it show $0.00.

11. ummester

ummester Well-Fondled Member

Unless it's something that you can't find on TFDirect, ShowZstore etc - there isn't much incentive to stick with Ebay. Even the good sellers are no longer selling certain KO's and, even if they are, Ebay fees, as well as GST and other country dependent costs, add to the Ebay price.

When I was speaking to the Paypal customer service person, they said they are working with Ebay to try and stop the scam sellers (it must have gotten to a stage where it is hurting them both). But the thing is, they seem to be increasing, not diminishing ATM.

Good sellers that have turned bad in recent months outnumber the amount of new good sellers appearing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. OmegaPrime Shay

OmegaPrime Shay I am Jetfire Prime

Happy to report I won the case against “qingzhuhongkong”
    Had to phone PayPal Israel. First time ever in ten years. Turned out it wasn’t such a hassle after all.
    Very pleased with their customer service. Extremely helpful and kind.
    Claim settled in 24 hrs. The scammer actually had the audacity to respond to the claim but as soon as he did, PayPal closed it and ruled in my favor. Yay.
    Btw the SOB has 70 negatives (in 3 days) and counting. May he rot in Hell.

Anyway, I’m still looking to get my hands on a Legendary Toys LT-02.
    I’d like to practice my molotow chrome painting skills, before trying it on UT Challenger.

I would appreciate a recommendation for a trustworthy seller and a good deal.
    Thanks

Update: This is a message the idiot sent me just moments ago. AFTER I alredy won the claim and got my money back....
    "dear friend, maybe there was something mistake . i will resend it to you soon on monday , sorry again ." :dunce 

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  13. PurpleStuf

PurpleStuf Pastor of Muppets

News Credits:
    Now it's down to $109 with free shipping. I also ordered a TE Optimus from zuochundong114 this morning. I pulled the trigger since they had the best price and, at the time, it only said they had 1 left with about 15 sold. Well, I just checked the listing again and it still says only 1 left, but now 20 have been sold. I'm not liking where this seems to be going.

Update: I got paranoid and looked at the prices on other listings for zuochundong114. $130 for chrome Guttur? $150 for WeiJiang Terminus Giganticus? Yeah, we're screwed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed, Spammed, and Cheesed off

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    I'll still use ebay, but I won't take a chance on a 'new' Chinese seller or some unknown, I'll stick with the ones I've used before. And even then I'm half expecting them to suddenly turn rogue with no warning! :p 
    And really low prices just set off my Scammer-sense (it's a bit like Spider-sense, only not :D )

15. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I decided to take a risk with the seller since he was on the ‘good list.’ $200 shipped for both seems potentially tgtbt, but has expected delivery before the end of February means it’d not be that long if a claim needed to be opened. Especially considering some sellers don’t expect a restock until March.

Plus, I had the additional 8% eBay bucks yesterday and some remaining bucks that I was initially holding on to for a potential 15% or better flash sale like they’ve done for the last two years.
    2D0D15E8-205F-47BC-8C18-323D9A914F63.jpeg
    Add some potential salt in potential wounds, there are a lot of recent positive ratings for items at the $3.99 and $4.99 mark, and for more expensive items, there are a number of positive ratings from users with a feedback score of one.
    eBay Feedback Profile for zuochundong114

C6A1C9F2-B34A-4BEF-A981-1FAEEC5A94E5.jpeg

Time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Keep us posted on your zuochundong114 order brother. I didn't know TE's MP Prime was out now. Just be prepared to call Papal for a refund claim when things go left.

17. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Yep. Brace yourself.
    Be prepared to call Paypal to initiate your refund claim. It's a red flag when you see Chinese Ebay sellers listing items like Hydra at prices similar to what you'll find on Taobao. Once the prices get any crazier or negative feedback rolls in I'll have to move zuochundong114 to the bad sellers list.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'm afraid I don't quite see it that way. I go to ShowZ, and other retailers if I can't find it on EBay, especially from a seller I feel comfortable with. Ebay is a great resource for acquiring TFs.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  19. Anem

Anem Member

Hi, looking for information from the user zuochundong114 on the internet, I found this forum, apparently we are in the same boat, I bought from him a WeiJiang Terminus Giganticus G1.

20. OptimusPrimeFan53

OptimusPrimeFan53 Well-Known Member

I got scammed by that "qingzhuhongkong" guy too. He sent it to the wrong address in a completely different state.

Should I ask eBay to step in or wait for a message from this scammer?

• Like Like x 1