China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    @VaporwareII had some really good advice one page back:

• Like Like x 1
  2. VaporwareII

VaporwareII Well-Known Member

You gotta go the post office and get a printout that shows the tracking with the address it was delivered to. Take a pic if they won't let you have the original copy. You will lose the dispute without it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    I guess its good thing that wanzhiwangzhe didn't even bother to add tracking to my order then.

4. circlewave

circlewave Autocon

I ordered an LT02w from wangzhiwangzhe on Oct. 22. The seller provided a Speedpak tracking on the same day, but the tracking has never updated beyond shipment data received. The tracking shows a wrong city name. Emailed the seller on Nov. 4. He replied very quickly and offered to check. Then a second speedpak tracking was added to eBay on Nov. 4, and this new number is showing activities. The package completed export customs declaration on Nov. 14. I will wait to see if I will receive the figure. The old tracking number now shows cancelled on Nov. 12.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

6. ummester

ummester Well-Fondled Member

Yea, there is something more complicated than just dodgy sellers, or even SpeedPAK being broken at foot here. Now I'm leaning towards Chinese postal and customs services deliberately hindering SpeedPAK. From the Chinese perspective it makes sense to push back against a corporate (US capitalist) service that is trying to muscle in on your turf. I personally have no bias towards either - massive communist governments and global corporate hegemony are as bad as each other in my books and it would be funny thinking about them destroying each others productivity if I wasn't waiting for my toys :D  First world problems and all.

But, my LT02w from wangzhiwangzhe is in Australia now - just waiting for it to get to my address so I can confirm if wangzhiwangzhe has shipped what I ordered.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Can anyone provide testimonial for zuochundong114? I'm trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on KO MP-29 Shockwave before the current eBucks promotion ends.

8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    See below:

How did the order go?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cardboard Bots

Cardboard Bots Well-Known Member

Bought a couple of toys from hzj401, and one of my items was misassembled. It was Magic Square's red alert. I asked for him to send another one or to provide a refund. We'll see what happens. Normally I would ask for a replacement piece, but this piece has on of those capped pins and I have no idea on how to do that surgery. I will keep you posted on my customer service experience.

10. Cardboard Bots

Cardboard Bots Well-Known Member

Yesterday I put an order into szzdjwl-9 who is on the good list. I got back the following message today:

Friend: I received a notice from the post office. Due to the recent strike of the Canadian Postal System, all mail sent to Canada will not be accepted.
    Please wait until things have subsided and I will send the item immediately.
    Please understand that!

This is absolutely true as the postal strike in Canada has ramped up recently. This is more just a heads up that some or all Chinese eBay sellers might have a cold shoulder to shipping to Canada right now. We are keeping this order alive right now. I give it a couple weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Showz made a similar statement on his thread today or yesterday.

12. close313

close313 Active Member

Thanks VaporwareII and thanks OCProwl. I missed your comprehensive post earlier. I will do as such.

13. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

I ended up going with zuochundong114 in the end. The listing showed ePacket as their shipping method, but I wanted to make sure so I sent them a message requesting ePacket as the shipping method and to avoid SpeedPAK entirely. I am not taking any chances with SpeedCRAP. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

14. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Hmm - I’ve just had a refund from the same seller. Bought some faction symbols and they were sent via I assume speedpak as it was a weird tracking number. Item showed as delivered on eBay but I hadn’t received it so contacted one day bid... they provided a tracking number and a link to track and asked me to wait 10 days more, but the tracking showed arrived in the U.K. on 7th November and hasn’t moved since. I pointed this out and he/she has now issued a full refund.

However, what gives with this tracking info, and how can it show arrived/delivered on eBay? I’m just grateful it’s only a £4 set of labels.

15. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's good to know re: Canadian postal strike as I've just ordered some stickers from Reprolabels/Toyhax.

In regards to my KO MP Shockwave from qintianyu-ming, it has just landed in the UK this morning so it should hopefully arrive tomorrow. I shall keep you posted.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Funny that reminded me that KO Megs was actually my third order from the one*day_bid. I had totally forgotten the stickers I ordered from them earlier. That was the only order they sent to me through Speedpak and probably due to the size it was the fastest speedpak order I ever got at just under two weeks. I wonder if they changed later to China Post or if they use Speedpak for really small items?? Either way, I guess I had better luck.

I will say I've had a couple of instances this year where I was one of the last legit orders a seller sent out before turning rogue. I've hit the point where I look at the bad and good seller list more as 'rogue' and 'hasn't turned rogue YET' lists.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    AAAAAANNND...he turned rouge.

18. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Just got my Planet X Triton that was on sale from suncn2010. Came packed in the foam coffin and arrived with no damage :D 

19. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid Yammed, Spammed, and Cheesed off

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    I think a bit that way too, wondering how many orders I can get out of a reliable seller before they go bandit on me :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  20. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still no shipping updates on my MPM7. Has anyone ever received a package later than the estimated delivery date? For reference the last shipping update I had was on 10/27 and it was being processed in Hong Kong. It's also an epacket if anyone is wondering.