Children's Backpacks on Highschool Students

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrByatis, Apr 20, 2011.

1. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

HT is sorta a galaxies nursery for retro attire, that sorta clothing is overpriced. The toy backpacks seemed resonably priced, given their function and design, no worse than what you'd get at walmart.

There was this trend at my old HS I could never figure out. Our mall had a store called Hollister that sold coastal trendy attire for inflated prices, in the middle of a desert. A desert at least 40 miles away from water. Anyway, most the stores crap had it's name on it and such, and only the kids with money sported these shirts because, as I said, prices a bit much.

To me logos give you a brand for tool, or lame, an obvious sheep. I never got why someone would buy something pricy for the status symbol when the merchandise itself was so bland

2. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    Like alot of people says it a trend. When I was in highschool it was trendy for girls to carry these backpack purses that look like plush animals. I sadly had a turtle one LOL

3. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

Yeah I remember those. Black track pants with white stripes especially. Pretty much everyone had those.

4. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Everytime I complement some kindergarten kid on his Bumblebee backpack, he runs away!

What am I doing wrong..?

... I wouldn't wear the backpack, I get made fun of enough as it is.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i really don't like fighting, i know, i am what you call i gentle giant i guess, big but wouldn't hurt a fly, but get me mad enough i know how to throw my weight around and whoop some ass :lol 

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well to be fair, at least stuffies are cute & cuddly, and girls can pretty much get away with anything when it comes to attire. What I found a little strange was seeing guys in their late teens bringing teddy bears to the Yugioh (it's a cardgame) national championship tournament, and like hugging them while playing & everything. It wasn't just one or two people either, it was like a crowd of players + a few random people who didn't seem to be there with em.

My mom was like wtf are those guys carrying teddy bears for, and I was like uhh I dunno, maybe a famous player started a trend or something that all of these sheep are following. Not that I have anything against it (I love my fluffies so), but it just seemed odd to see a bunch of guys well, carrying stuffed animals around like that.

7. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Put it back in your pants, first.

- Coeloptera

8. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

While they played a children's card game.

Please go back and read what you just wrote.

You find it odd...that teenage boys...while playing Yugioh...have animal backpacks.

Your perspective, it is odd.

- Coeloptera

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I didn't know about this. The only reason i don't have a TF backpack right now is because i need a big backpack to carry all my stuff.

My guess is the Big Bang theory (as i'm watching it right now)

Maybe you weren't as cool as the jock because i dunno maybe it's because he's a jock.

10. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Yugioh isn't a children'scardgamegoddammit!!!

... being serious for a moment though, it really isn't a kid's game, especially not when it comes to competitive high level events. If anything, I'm 23 right now, and most of the people who come to my local events are older than I am, and so are a large number of people who play in my Provincial/Regional events. Along with that, I'd be hard pressed to find a lot of people under the age of 15 who can even understand the game well enough to be legitimate players at all, let alone become the majority player base.

Also, even if it was primarily dominated by children (which tournaments definitely aren't), I was talking about people who were like 17/18/19 years old, not the 10 year olds, and the fact that they were carrying them around like doing so was the coolest thing since slurpies. That's what I found strange, not simply the fact that a few people who played Yugioh might still have had teddy bears, and I'm really not seeing how this example is any less valid than the ones involving high school/college students wearing animal backpacks.

11. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To us older folks it is and will always be a card game for kids. Much like Pokemon. Competition has nothing to do with it. Kids compete in competitive nationally recognized competitions like the Little League world series.

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

cuz no one's going to steal a backpack that could be full of used diapers. :lol 

13. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

This is my school. :( 

14. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    More like to the ignorant or otherwise uninvolved (since we're talking about tcg & not the anime), but the fact that we're discussing this on a Transformers forum of all places makes it an entertaining discussion regardless.

[​IMG]