Children: How Important Are They to You?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omega Supreme-1, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This a question to all the guys and gals out there, would you be with someone that tells you they don't want children? I know they say childless marriages often fail, and I was just curious how important they were to my fellow TFWers. For me, the prospect of having children doesn't make it or break it with me. It might be nice but at the same time I dunno if being a Father suits my personality. That's not to say I wouldn't take responsibility if I was ever to become a Father.

It's just I like a life style of being able to travel, and working on my dream of being an animator which probably means my home life won't be that great since i'll be working a lot. In the future, being an animator also means I might be incapable of having a truly stable job. Most animators work from contract to contract, so caring for a potential spouse let along children seems like it wouldn't work. My professors seem to manage okay with their families, but I have a feeling things were much tougher than I can imagine. Anyway, weigh in gals and guys. Also, yes I know i'm only 21 and it's really too early for me to make such a decision but the sooner or start thinking on life issues the better.

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd like to have kids one day. Two in fact. One girl and then one boy. But I know that it's not up to me entirely. My wife would have to agree as well. So compromise is a big thing.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'd be thrilled if I was with a woman who didn't want children.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I definitely want to have a child one day, I need someone to pass my transformers and Star Wars collections to.

5. flamepanther

Assuming those collections survive your having children, that is.

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I am planning on making a trophy room for my hockey trophies, my horse show ribbons and all my collections. Which will always be locked and maybe some high voltage hook up. :D 

7. flamepanther

Good plan

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I definitely want kids and my wife and I are expecting our first at the beginning of July.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I beleive the Children are our future.
    Teach them well and let them them lead the way.
    Show them all the beauty they posess inside.

Sexual Chocolate, ladies and gentlemen!

10. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Best. Scene. Ever.

11. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I use to think I didn't want kids. But when we found out we having one things changed....alot. Then when I first saw my daughter I was so happy. People change.

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

No thanks.

I've not got the patience or money to maintain a woman, let alone kids. Plus I want the satisfaction of not contributing towards the perpetuation of the human race, even thougth it'll make no difference whatsoever to the bigger picture.

13. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Zero interest.

14. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Like Yak I don't really have what it takes to even maintain a relationship with a woman, mainly because every woman I've ever know has been a shallow moron. If I'm going to have a relationship with someone I'd like it to be meaningful with someone I can respect as an equal. Beyond that I'd worry about what my kids would turn out like, I'd do my best but I don't want to end up producing more ignorant drugged up scum to pollute society. So I want kids but I don't want them. Maybe I should be gay, that'd solve a lot of problems.

15. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

To me kids aren't that important. Don't get me wrong I would love my children to death if I have them, but if I go childless for rest of my life I wouldn't regret it either. But my wife's been pushing me to start a family because she's already 32 and she don't want to be a old mom so we may actually have one this year.

16. TestDrive

TestDrive razzle dazzle

I'd like to have kids, you know maybe give em up for adoption and years later show up and i don't know, destroy the adopted planet of one of them, cut one of there hands off, you know dad stuff

17. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I love kids. I'd love to have my own someday. But I fear raising a child in this day.

You can't properly discipline a child these days at all. You spank them? 5 minutes later child services are ringing your doorbell.

So while I'd love to have em, realistically, I don't think it would be the wisest move.

18. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Was gonna make a crack about the blood of innocent keeps me young but passed. I don't plan on having any ever.. I've seen those nanny shows (well clips on The Soup) and that is enought to make me never want a little snot nosed brat.

19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Child services can kiss my ass.

I think it really depends on who you're with, and compromise is obviously a big deal. I think if you really want kids and your partner really doesn't, there's got a be some sort of compromise (as with most things) otherwise the relationship is doomed anyway.

However, while raising a kid in this day and age would be tough, I think its always been tough. I dunno, when I'm ready I think I'd look forward to the challenge.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't think I'll ever have kid(s). Would really have to meet the right person for me to even consider the possibility.