Customs: Child-safe caps

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ramrider, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm really wishing I had a kid right now. Child-safe caps are renowned for only keeping adults out of bottles, and while I normally have no trouble at opening medicine bottles... well, maybe my inner child just isn't dominant enough anymore...

I'm trying enamels out again; I haven't used them in years, but I've gained a lot of painting experience since then, and various painters' claims of their durability have swayed me into giving them another chance.

Except I can't open my fragging paint thinner! It's a bottle of Revell Color Mix, and it's so far been opened twice, once by my housemate, once by myself, and both times seemingly by a complete fluke! It's of the type where you're supposed to push down on the lid while turning it anticlockwise. Seems easy enough. But I turn it and turn it, and it just keeps on clicking.

Does anyone else have experience of this? Is there some secret knack to getting it open? Am I going to have to pry the lid off with a screwdriver and just transfer it into a bottle I can open..?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    It probably sealed itself shut... How paint thinner can do that is beyond me, but I know paint does it. I say destroy the lid and transfer it, making sure you keep the lip clean.

3. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Get a child to try, that seems to work now'a days.
    Or drill a hole in the lid.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    sometimes a vacuum happens and makes these literally impossible to open. (this happened to me once also)

I pressed, and turned and ran hot water on it....nothing.
    So i took it back to the hobby shop, and the girl behind the counter did the same effin thing I was doing, but for her...the cap came right off. quite embarrassing.

my advice: Get someone else to take a crack at it

5. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol  That would suck so bad!