Child of the Universe *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Moroni Prime, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    SPOILERS BELOW, DON'T SAY YOU WEREN'T WARNED.

I had to think of what to call the thread for a minute, because I don't want to spoil anything in the thread title.

For those club members who have received their master collector with this months issue, you've no doubt seen and read the profile for the Shattered Glass Universe Quintesson "Aquarius".

Fellow TFW member SOUNDCASTER and I were looking over our issues together when we noticed something. Four of the five faces resemble famous figures from the 20th century, all of whom have since passed on.

The five faces are as follows:
    Joy - Assumed to be the regular face for the quintesson, vaguely resembles the autobot symbol a little maybe sorta?
    Compassion - Heavily resembles Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
    Peace - Heavily resembles Mohandas Gandhi.
    Love - Heavily resembles former Beatle John Lennon.
    Satisfaction - Heavily resembles former Greatful Dead member Jerry Garcia.

I can see why they chose who they did as their inspiration, I feel they all fit the character nicely. I however can't help but wonder if there have been more references like this in the past that have gone unnoticed, or if there will be more in the future? Whatever the reason, I still think it's pretty neat.

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :rock  Nice one of the SG Quints is a Bealtes charather!

3. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    The beatles were more than characters, but yeah I agree, they were some awesome choices, they fit the quintesson character perfectly.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The term Aquarian (related to Aquarius) has a long history of being associated with evolution and for lack of a better term, improvement, to the point that saying mankind was entering "the age of aquarius" was to say that things were going to start looking up, and we'd start moving towards a golden age. A lot of new age philosophy and stuff from the 60s makes use of this term. Which seems to be the kind of feeling they're going for.

So it makes sense that for a character like this, they'd choose people they felt had made a positive contribution to humanity for the faces, and that the character would be focused on bringing joy and peace and love like some kind of interstellar hippie.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009